26

Daniel's prov~

I wake up from my phone ringing. I get up to look who is calling it and it's my mom... shit. I quickly answer.

Phone call~

D-"hey mom what's up" his morning voice is unmistakable
K-"hey dan we have just landed in Vegas and we was wondering what hotel you are staying at so we could get over of this airport"
D-"oh ye sorry... it's the ******* hotel"
K-"okay we will be there in about 20-30 minutes, love you and merry Christmas"
D-"love you too mom and merry Christmas to you too"

Omg 20-30 minutes! I need to get up and shower. I start running around like a headless chicken making sure I'm ready in time for them to be here. They are not gonna want to wait around for me to get ready so I need get ready now.

All the other boys left at 6am for their flight back to LA. I got up and said bye but I went straight back to sleep. My Christmas holiday has finally became now that my family are like 20 minutes away. Once I'm showered, dressed and hair is done, I look at my phone to see the time... 8:35. Ready in 15 minutes that would be a record or something. I decide to text loren to see if she is up but I don't get my hopes up.

 Loren's prov~ 3am in the morning

I haven't slept at all. My night so far is horrific. It feels like everything has just hit me all at once... my feelings about my dad, my feelings about how my dad hurt me and my mom, my feelings for Daniel, my feelings about meeting Daniel's family, my feelings about hrvy leaving me and my feelings about hrvy texting me yesterday. My head can't handle all of this.

I have been up all night just listening to my own thoughts and feelings. My body is just filled with hate, love, disappointment, anger and sadness. I need a break. I just want to get out of this city... away from everyone.

I really do like Daniel but is it moving too fast? We have known each for a month and we are already going out and I'm going to meet his family today. It's a big step and idk if I'm ready. Daniel makes me a better person I know he does and I would never want to lose him but maybe I'm just not in the right headspace for it all right now. I need to do what's best for me... right now that's getting out of this city.

My dad has an old cabin in California that he left for me when he went. I have never been there but that's because I have hated him everyday since he walked out the door, maybe this is the right time to finally use it. It's now 4am and I book myself a flight to California. I love New York I really do but I need a day or two just me... it's for the best I can't keep faking how I feel. The only issue is that it's Christmas and I feel so bad leaving everyone... I need to. I can't enjoy Christmas like this. I have a great few days coming up to Christmas and I will see them all in a day or two so it's not a big deal.

My flight is booked for 6:30am so I get up, pack my stuff quietly but quickly, write a note to tell them where and what I'm doing on the cabinet as you come into the room and head to the door.

Letter:

Hey y'all it's loren,
I just wanted to write a letter you all of you because I'm going to turn my phone off so I won't be able to answer. I have go to California by myself to get a break from everyone and everything, things are getting too hard for me right now. I'm so sorry to leave y'all on Christmas but I can't go through this day pretending to be happy. I will be back yesterday or the day after so please just respect my decision.
I love y'all! Xx

I almost forgot about the Christmas presents... I put Brooke's on the side next to her bed, I put my moms on the side next to her bed and I put Brooke's moms on the dressing table. I'm ready... this is it. I walk out the door and go get into my Uber. I feel so guilty because I'm leaving my family at Christmas but I can't pretend to be happy for the whole day, I will just break down. I cry quietly in the back of the Uber in hope that the man won't hear me, I get out and go into the airport.

The whole flight there was hell because my mind is running a hundred miles an hour. My bags under my eyes just give my sleepless night away. Once I land I get into an Uber and I go to my cabin. It should be about 35 minutes away from the airport without traffic which is not too bad but I just want to be there. On the trip I get a text from Daniel, my first reaction is "why is he awake it's 8:15am?" But then my mind comes back to reality and it's probably about the plan of today. I give it a read but ignore it.

I finally arrive at my cabin... it's so beautiful and peaceful... just what I need.

My dad told me in the letter that he left the key for it under the stairs under some mud so I get on my hands and knees to look for it (after my Uber driver left of course) I find the key and unlocked the door

My dad told me in the letter that he left the key for it under the stairs under some mud so I get on my hands and knees to look for it (after my Uber driver left of course) I find the key and unlocked the door. It's gorgeous inside, it's like no one has even been here ever. It's perfect for me to get away and no one knows about it. I didn't tell my mom about it because I thought it would make her feel even worse that he left her nothing and I'm happy I didn't otherwise I wouldn't be able to come here in peace. I get comfortable and I go out to find the nearest shop so I can have food and water. It's about a 10 minute walk to a small shop which doesn't sell a lot of stuff but it will do. I grab a few things and walked back to the cabin, I put all the food away and walk outside on the decking. I just want to spend the whole day out here looking at the view.