Chapter 25

"Come on you!" One of the guards shouted as he aggressively pushed Lian further in front of him. She gave him a menacing look as she continued walking down the dungeon tunnel, with Master Kwan walking calmly at her side.

Vladimir and the other guard motioned them inside the musty cell before closing the barred door. Vladimir smiled nervously, relieved that the strangely violent girl was now locked up.

Both Lian and Kwan turned their attention from the knights to the back of the cell when they hear a very familiar voice.

"I'm hot! Does the abbot know how hot is is down here?"

Mansel, the monk who associates with the stable boy? What was he doing down here?...

"He probably doesn't care." The young monk continued his rant. "Old bully never let's anyone do what they want..."

Lian stared at the monk questionably, he didn't sound like himself. Kwan and Lian shared a brief look at each other before moving closer.

"I wanna talk as loud as I can!" Mansel shouted before quieting himself, "Shhhh...I've got to be quiet all the time..."

It accrued to the young girl that Vladimir was still there when she heard him chuckling at the amusing scene before him. She sharply turned around and took a fighting stance.

"Hung ya!"

The knight stumbled back with a yelp and took off running down the hall.

There, that got rid oh him. Lian thought to herself, and turned back to Mansel.

Once the monk took notice that they were there, he slowly got up from the makeshift bed and examined their faces closely.

"I know you..." Mansel said, looking slightly unsure. Lian circled behind him making the boy jump. He stared at her, an odd drunken smile on his face.

"Did you know you're son is a girl?" He asked Kwan, giggling. "They don't allow girls in the monastery..." he took another look at Lian then whispered in Kwan's ear. "I wont tell if you don't...I like girls..."

Oh lovely, the monk had been given that damned tonic...

*********************

Drake landed just inside the gates of the outpost, glancing around nervously as Osric led the knights further in.

"Geoff, I don't like the looks of this." He whispered to the teen with a shake of his head, eyes darting around, every muscle was tense.

"This is exactly the kind of adventure we've been talking about." Geoff softly replied.

"No, it's what you've been taking about." Drake snapped in his head.

"Drake this is my big chance, don't let me down."

Geoff sounded frustrated, making Drake cringe a little, but he hid it with a soft growl, mostly nervousness but a bit of irritation edging his thoughts.

Osric began riding deeper in to the outpost, Geoff and the other knights following him, "Drake. Stay here and guard our backs."

He nodded but the lord didn't even look, Drake looked to the retreating back of his "friend" concern once more taking over.

"Be careful Geoff."

Geoff followed Osric silently, watching the man with focus to learn and obey as much as he could at the same time.

"The Taragoffs killed our border guards." Osric murmured as he glanced to a dead comrade, arrow through his side.

Osric tapped his shoulder when he paused staring for too long, leading Geoff further in, as the crossed upon the bridge. Osric motioned for his party to stop as he looked around the surrounding area...it was deathly quiet.