Chapter 28

Everyone stared in sheer numbing shock as the transformation was completed. Shouting and screaming echoed all around from the panicking people.

In the center of the courtyard stood a huge dragon, bigger than Drake but not as big as Draco, meaning that Griffin might have been a few years younger with the with deep blood red scales, some had a gold sheen to them to match the tawny gold plates that covered the dragon's spine and ran down his throat to blur into the gold underbelly.

The wings were lean, not heavy and strong like Drake's or Draco's, but long and light, possibly making him more agile in air, the immobile wing struts ending in spikes and hooked claws on the wing joints.

Not only were the wings barbed, but a double line of spikes ran down the dragon's back, ending in a spicked club tail, unlike Draco and Drakes' scissor blade like tails.

The dragon stretched stiffly, head bowing slightly as the eyes opened, revealing an ice cold gaze with sapphire eyes.

And no one was more shocked than Drake...

"Drake! Child, come."

Geoff was pretty sure if Drake's got any wider they'd fall out of his head as Drake thought out loud, "There's another dragon?"

Griffin nodded, extremely prideful, "Little brother, we must teach mankind their place, as our servants."

The dragon shifted, locking gazes with the young Drake, "Come to me and we will fulfill the comet's prophecy together."

Drake hesitated on the offer. In truth he wanted nothing to do with it, regardless if he was another dragon, he wasn't a dragon Drake wanted to be tangled up with. Before Drake could say anything Geoff suddenly came in between the two dragons, staring up at Griffin showing no fear in his eyes.

"He's not going anywhere." Geoff hissed.

Griffin's voice grew arrogant as he paid little heed to Geoff, "Come, brother. Your true calling awaits you!"

"He belongs here!" Geoff shouted. He wasn't going to let Griffin take Drake away from him...

Griffin finally broke eye contact with Drake and hissed threateningly at the boy. Geoff felt a slight bit a fear as he gazed up at the red dragon's icy blue orbs.

Drake growled staring at Geoff tensely, "Geoff, what are you-"

"Get out of Drake's way!" Griffin roared, cuffing Geoff and sending him flying.

"Geoff!"

Several people screamed as Geoff slamming into a nobleman and Roland, Liane scrambling to his side.

Drake sneered at the larger dragon. "If it wasn't for Geoff," He began, voice growing louder with pure anger as he went on. "I would have given you my heart!...and lost my soul..." Drake bared his teeth at Griffin, "You're not my brother...He's my real brother!"

The bigger and older dragon dodged the resulting stream of fire and rose into the air.

"Poor choice of siblings Drake!"

The dragon dived, narrowly missing Drake scrambled to get in the air.

Griffin caught up with Drake a second later, grabbing the smaller dragon and sent them spinning in the air before the momentum threatened to drop them from the sky.

Drake was the first to breath fire, missing Griffin by a long shot and enticing the older male to retaliate and send a fireball back, only for Drake to dodge it and set off an explosion at the castle's base.

Peasants scrambled out of the way of the heat, screaming in fear.

Drake blocked a hit from Griffin, having never actually landing a blow on him. Drake realized he had been fighting in self defense...the fight would be going nowhere if he kept this up.