Chapter 2 Black eyes, investigations and conversations

The next day, passed rather quickly, after classes Shuichi was the most anxious person in the world. He knew that when he got home he would suffer the consequences of is acts, even though he did nothing wrong.
**
As he is already use to, he didn't sleep at all. He was all night seeing if he could fine any type of clue, something, just something. He only stopped searching when Kaede called him.

Call:
Kaede: Shuichi where are you? I'm waiting outside.

Shuichi: Please go I don't want him to see you.

Kaede: who ? Your uncle is outside lets go!

He hung up, and listens to his uncle scream at him once again.

Uncle: So you were whit her last night, weren't you ?!

Shuichi: N-no...

Uncle: DOESN'T MATTER!!! I sent her away told her you were sick... So what did you do?

Shuichi: I didn't do anything, like I said I fell asleep.

Uncle: Don't you lie to me!!!

Has the hours went by, Shuichi was getting late, so he uncle drove him to school. Nobody was outside, he ran to the classroom, he knocked on the door when the student opened it everyone was looking at him not saying a word, until he breaks the silence.

Shuichi: Sorry, I'm late, may I come in?

Teacher: What happened to you?

Shuichi: Ha, this black eye? I just ran into a door nothing special...

Teacher: Kokichi, go into the nurses office whit Shuichi.

Shuichi: I- I'm fine...- Kokichi started to walk to him.

Teacher: You're going to the nurses office and it's final.- they get out of the room. While they were walking until the smaller pushed him aside.

Kokichi: It was your uncle wasn't it?

Shuichi:W-what do you mean?!- he locked away from the purple hair boy.

Kokichi: Come on Shuichi!- he said making the taller look him in the eyes- I do know the difference between a lie and realty.~

The detective started to walk not saying anything.

Kokichi: Hey!! Why are you acting like this?!- they look in each other's eyes.

Shuichi: I don't know, since when you care?!

Kokichi: What do you mean?~ I care for my friends.~- the smaller smirked.

Shuichi: "Why are you acting like this?! " That's the question I have for you! You never cared about the other classmates, never cared for anything but your little lies, so why all of the blue you care?- and then silence, until they get to the nurses office. As they enter Mikan comes to them running.

Mikan: What happened Shuichi?!

Shuichi: I just ran into a door...- she starts to examine him .

Mikan: T-that's n-not right, I'm sorry but that was definitely a punch.

Mikan does the normal procedures for a black eye. When they get out Kokichi looks like a depressed puppy, that face made the other one uncomfortable.

Shuichi: What?

Kokichi: I have been abused before.- the taller looked in shock.

Shuichi: Wait what-

Kokichi: You asked me why I'm being like this, that's why. Wonder why I lie? There's a million different types of lies but only one truth. Do you prefer to ear the story of how my family was perfect and I was happy, or that I ran away from home ? Let's face it, when you tell the truth you're just making other people feel disappointed.

Shuichi: If you say lies are so great, then why are you telling the truth?

Kokichi: Oh Shuichi..~ I tell lies to protect people from the truth... Maybe I don't lie to you because I know you see thru them~ or that you don't even have the notion of how deep are my feelings for you~ - the smaller looks at the taller dead in the eyes, as the taller blushed he continued walking- Oh poor thing was on heat ?~ You do know that we need to go back to class?

They go thru the classes as usual, in lunch break Shuichi was eating whit Kibbo and Rantaro, Kaito was whit Maki .

Kibbo:How's the investigation?

Shuichi: There ain't any clues...

Rantaro: Sooo word's on the street that might been D.I.C.E .

Shuichi: Nah, D.I.C.E does more pranks then actually harm.

Kibbo: That could just be a trick!!

Shuichi: I don't think so but I'm going to investigate anyways. Thanks guys, I need to get going so until tomorrow!

Rantaro: Bye.

Kibbo: Goodbye!!

As Shuichi walked home, behind Kaede's back, Kokichi meet up with Kyoko.

Kyoko: What do you want?

Kokichi: Wow calm down, I was just wondering- she interopet the younger.

Kyoko: It's about D.I.C.E. having clues, isn't it?

Kokichi: No, it's about your cousin...- she looked in confusion.

Kyoko: What about Shuichi?

Kokichi: You know what his uncle does to him?!

Kyoko: Oh, he told you? I'm happy he finally talked to someone, unfortunately he doesn't do anything.

Kokichi: Wait you KNEW?!

Kyoko: I'm the ultimate detective and he doesn't hide it well.

Kokichi: Why didn't you do something?!

Kyoko: I can't!! If Shuichi doesn't make a complain I can't do anything, not to say our uncle works whit us so if we tried to complain about it he will know.
**
Another day begins and Shuichi goes to classes once more. As the class gets even more boring Kokichi started to send him notes.

Notes:

Kokichi: How was yesterday at home?

Shuichi: Normal.

Kokichi: Please describe normal.

Shuichi: Ok, I was looking into the Junko copycat case.

Kokichi: That should be shorter like dispear case. So did you find something?

Shuichi: I didn't, but I'm planning on meeting the leader of D.I.C.E.

Kokichi: Oh so now you want my help?

Shuichi: So you know the leader?

Kokichi:Kyoko didn't tell you that? Interesting... Do we meet after class?

Shuichi: I will see if my uncle is ok with that and if  you can we could pass the weekend here and investigate.

It was finally lunch so Shuichi went to call the person he most fears.

Uncle: What do you want?

Shuichi: I was thinking and could I spend the weekend in Hopes peak?

Uncle:No.

Shuichi: Can I at least stay the afternoon? I think I found a lead.

Uncle: You better be home by 7pm or you'll be in trouble.

Shuichi: Thanks.

He went to find Kokichi and see what they can discover. When he finally finds Kokichi they go into the library.

Shuichi: So what you know about the leader of  D.I.C.E and can I meet him.

Kokichi: Geez I thought you were smarter, aren't you supposed to be the ultimate detective?~

Shuichi: Wait you're telling me that-

Kokichi: Yes the ultimate supreme leader of evil is the leader of  D.I.C.E .

As always make sure to vote if you're enjoying the fanfic and comment your thoughts. Until the next chapter .

-Missevilxd