3

Abby:

I woke up with Lily still laying beside me. I smiled and kissed her cheek, staying like this for a minute before I had to get up. 

I got up, not willingly, and put on whatever I grabbed. A white button up, and black high-waisted jeans. And topping it of with black converse.

Yep. Typical lesbian. Sometimes I humor myself. The white button up was slightly see through, so it made my tattoos stand out.

I walked out of my room and went to check on Jay. Opening the door quietly and slowly, peaking in to see no one. The bed made, and no one in the room. I walked around the apartment to find no trace of Jay. I started to panic a bit.

Walking downstairs, I walk to the unopened bar, finding Jay cleaning.

"Geez, there you are. I thought I might have to order a search party." I grabbed a rag and started to clean off the bar. Still smells like alcohol and old garlic. Definitely sweat.

"Yeah, sorry about that. And thank you... for last night." I watched him sweep the floor.

"It's no problem." I smiled before getting back to cleaning.

It was silent for a good few minutes. But I swear I could hear the gears in his head grinding.

"Out wit' it. What's on your mind Jay. Talk to me." I gave him a stern look. The look of 'there-is-no-room-for-discussion'. He sighed. He stopped sweeping.

"Do you think I'll ever find someone... to take care of me..." he gave me a sad look.

"Of course you'll find someone Jay. It just takes time. Look, I'm 28, and happily married to a gorgeous woman. And you know how long that took? 24 years to find her. And another 2 to win her over. She's stubborn I tell ya. It takes time Jay." He sighed. I could tell he was thinking about what I said.

"Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places. Or maybe, wait for them to find you. Maybe they're right in front of you and you don't even know it." I smiled before cleaning off some of the glasses at the bar.

"Maybe..." he went back to sweeping.

XXX

Trever:

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-*

I shut off my alarm. Slowly getting up for work.

The apartment was quiet as usual, and I basked in the sounds of the wood floors creaking beneath my feet, and the sound of birds outside my window.

Peace.

I smiled as I grabbed my uniform. Putting it together perfectly. Making sure nothing was out of place.

Walking out of my room, I headed to the kitchen to make my normal coffee. Black. It may taste bitter, but at least I'll be awake enough for work.

I look down at my watch. 8:23am. I have to be at work by 9. I set down my mug, grabbed my jacket, and was out the door.

XXX

"Are you even listening to me, Bryant?" I looked up at my partner and shook myself out of it mentally.

"Sorry man. Just lost in thought. What were you saying?"

"Anyway... I wanted to see if you wanted to come out to the bar with us. Kathy, Jack, and I." I looked at him and thought about it.

"Sure. Why not."

"Great! We leave after shift." Cole swiftly turned around.

"Whatever you say weirdo." I followed him out to the cruiser.