31

Trevor:

He's different. Acting strange.

He's changed.

Acting out of character, breaking more of the rules set in place. Different.

I didn't know what to do.

We haven't talked about the random 'I love you' that clearly wasn't meant the way it should have been. It should have been sweet, caring. Not out of reassurance.

It's been a few months.

We spent Halloween together like a cheesy couple. He wore a sexy little cat costume, and I just dressed as a cop. Cheesy.

I couldn't be any happier.

Christmas was approaching fast. It was nearing the end of November.

I was happy. Happier than I have been in a long time. But something felt different. Jay felt different.

We didn't see each other that often. Maybe once a week. Twice if I was lucky. He's spend the night, we'd fuck, he'd leave.

It wasn't the same and I didn't know why.

He was acting strange every time I picked him up or dropped him off at his house. I knew it had something to do with his parents, but he wasn't telling me and I wasn't pressing the issue.

I was lost. I didn't know what to do anymore. How to help or how to even bring up how strange he had been acting. He wasn't talking to me about anything too personal either, and I was starting to assume the worst.

"Hey, T. You okay?"

I looked up at Abby who tended to the counter of her bar. "Y-yeah. Just thinking." Abby sighed.

"T. You don't sound okay. What's on your mind?" She asked, picking up some of the patrons glasses, cleaning them.

"I don't know... I'm just worried about Jay. He's been acting strange around me."

Abby stopped cleaning and set her elbows on the counter, holding herself up as she bent over towards me.

"How so?"

"He's not himself. He's been distant, breaking some of the rules we have in place, and he's been acting out a lot more. I don't know what to do Abby." I put my head on the counter, hard. Trying to rattle my brain around.

"I don't really know how to help you there. Jay's really secretive about his personal life anyway. You know that. But as for the acting out? I would suggest he would be pregnant, but that's not physically possible." I rolled my eyes.

"At this point I would be considering it as a possibility." Abby chuckled at my comment.

"I'm sorry T. But you need to talk to him. Like. Pronto." She picked up her cleaning supplies and started wiping down the glasses again.

"But how do I even ask what's going on? He always says he's fine and that nothings wrong." I wiped my hand over my face, getting frustrated.

"I hate to break it to you T, but you need cold honest truth. Maybe he's not happy. Not everything in this world is all cupcakes and rainbows. Fuck, I wish it was. But that's not how the world works. This place is full of shit people and people that do shitty things. You have to accept that maybe your relationship might not work out. Or maybe it will? Who the hell knows. But in the end, you have to talk to him. No matter the outcome." Abby lectured. Her words slipped off her tongue simply. But her words were cold. But it was nothing but the truth. It may have been painful to hear, but it's what I needed.