37

Listen for a better experience^^^^

Jaylynn:

I didn't realize I fell asleep with Carly in her small bed.

I held her to my chest as she curly in a ball.

I don't remember when I fell asleep, but I definitely had to be a different type of tired to fall asleep in pants and heels.

Carly stirred in her sleep. Rustling a bit in my arms.

I slowly slipped out of her embrace and covered her with the small white comforter.

She snuggled into the bed as I looked at her one last time.

She hasn't been getting much sleep.

I'm over here quite often to keep an eye on her.

Shes not healthy... tired, getting skinner.

The baby is draining everything out of her. The doctor has been keeping a real close eye on her as well.

She's weaker than she normally was and it worries me. But the doctor says she'll be fine as long as she eats double her normal intake.

And she's been following everything to the best of her ability with our help.

She stirred a bit and I quietly snuck out of her room so I didn't wake her.

The heels I was wearing clanked against the floor. I stopped and took them off, holding them both in my hands as I walked to the kitchen.

"Morning? What's up with the getup?" Daniel smiled a bit as he ate a small breakfast sandwich.

"I don't know. Fell asleep in it." I rubbed my eyes the set the shoes down by the door.

"Well you look great. You look more like yourself." Daniel smiled as he took another bite.

More like myself....

"Can you cut my hair?" Daniel's eyes widened.

"Why would you want to do that?!" He chewed through the last bite.

"I've hidden behind my hair for years Danny. And this weave ain't doin it. I need something new."

Daniel watched me carefully as I stuck my hands in the loose pant pockets.

He wiped his mouth off and sighed.

"What did you have in mind?" I smiled.

Trevor:

I was excited for next month.

I was happy to get out of bed in the mornings.

Everything was looking a little brighter with every new step.

I haven't been this happy in years. I felt like a kid again. Almost like Christmas morning. Waking up with a smile on your face, the anticipation of wanting to know what you'll get next. That. That's how I felt ever since I left Daniel's house.

Sure it's only been a day, but it's felt like years since. But Jay's smile was still clear as day when he checked me out in my uniform.

Next month couldn't come sooner.

Jaylynn:

"I can't do that. The most I could do is shave your head. And we both wouldn't want that." Daniel sighed.

"Come on. It's not that hard. You just go whoosh whoosh, snip snip, and chop chop." He looked at me like I was insane.

"I don't know how to do a whoosh whoosh, or a snip snip."