27

Jaylynn:

It was a quiet drive. A good kind of quiet.

Every once in a while, Trevor would put his hand on my knee and squeeze. It was calming.

The drive was kinda long. Daniel lived on the outskirts of town, so it was about a 20 minute drive or so.

I had control of the music, happily, so I plugged in my aux cord at the start of the drive, and happily played my car jams.

I didn't get to use it often since most drive I did have were short. But I was happy to use it this time.

I hummed along the whole way, I still didn't like singing knowing others were listening, but I still loved it. So I kept humming anyway.

"We're here." Trevor smiled, putting the truck in park.

Their house was a decent size. A large 1 story house on a large plot of land. I'm guessing about 4 or 5 acres. The nearest neighbors were down the road a bit. It was nice getting out of the city for once.

"Hey! I'm glad you made it alright!" I heard Daniel call from the front of the house. "Come in, make yourselves at home." Trevor grabbed my hand and we walked to the front where Daniel stood.

As we got closer, Daniel put his hand on Trevor's back, leading him through the door.

We both walked in, and I immediately felt a homey feel. Everything was slightly decorated, not much, but when there was it was rustic. It felt extremely homey, and I expected family to come running out constantly feeding me. I liked it.

"Sorry for the mess..." Daniel rubbed the back of his neck. This is messy?!?! It was spotless.

"Don't worry about it man. We did call on short notice." Trevor smiled a bit.

"Carly is getting ready to leave. She said she 'had a plan' and would fill me in later. She's weird, but I'll let it slide." He chuckled. Why is she leaving?

"If you want to say hi, you can. Just go to the right, farthest door on your left." I nodded, letting go of Trevor's hand to go find Carly.

I followed his directions with ease, and easily found her room. When I turned to look in her room, the walls where white with a light pink accent wall. Everything was pretty girly, which brought me some comfort.

I found Carly in front of her closet, pulling some clothes into a bag. "Whatcha doin'" I smiled.

She looked up from her bag and smiled. She was glowing. She looked happy, and mischievous.

"Oh good! You're here! Now I can execute my plan!" I walked toward her with a raised eyebrow. This was the 3rd time I've seen her out of her little space, and frankly it was odd. But I decided to leave it be.

"What plan?" She giggled. No words. Frankly she was scaring me, but I didn't say anything.

She finished packing and stood up. She was just a few inches shorter than me, but she stood taller than me. Head held high, looking more confident than I did at the moment.

"I have an idea, and you're not allowed to know till I talk with Danny." She smiled. She's scaring me.

"O-okay?" I questioned. She just smiled, giggling slightly.

She quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me out of her room.

We walked towards Trevor and Daniel who were already talking.

"Danny!" She said happily. "Come here, I wanna talk to you." Daniel looked just as confused as me. I wonder what she's up to.

Trevor looked at me confused, I gave him a shrug, knowing I had no clue either.