STRAIGHT TO MY HEAD

"Taehyung, what the fuck?"

The said male glanced over his shoulder, seeing his best friend now suddenly standing inside of his dorm. He had been listening to music with headphones on so he hadn't heard anyone come it, though he didn't even flinch when he noticed the extra presence inside of his room. He merely put up a hand and smiled, "Sup?"

What the brunette hadn't noticed was the fact his bedroom door was slightly open and Jimin was pointing inside to the unknown boy asleep on his best friend's bed. Jimin quickly closed the door, as silent as possible, and gave his friend a pointed look. "Didn't know you went after boys now".

It was Taehyung's turn to give his friend a look now, not amused in the slightest by what he said. He slid his headphones off and threw them to the side. "Shut up", he mumbled before turning back to his screen.

"Seriously though", Jimin spoke up as he jumped onto the couch, bouncing a bit, "Who's the guy? Are you letting random people crash at your place now?"

"I don't", the younger boy rolled his eyes, shoving the other a bit, "He's Lottie's other boyfriend".

His friend made a noise of understanding at that before settling down onto the couch. "The other guy". Taehyung hummed, his fingers mindlessly typing onto the keyboard as his eyes flit over the numerous codes on his screen.

Jimin glanced from the closed door to his best friend, "Why's he here though? And asleep?"

Taehyung sighed, shoulders sagging a bit, "He spent the day with Lottie and let's just say that it was mentally more exhausting than he would have expected". The older nodded in understanding, a quiet hum leaving his lips.

"It must be really hard for him to pretend".

Taehyung's fingers almost slammed down onto the keyboard, his eyebrows angrily furrowed as he turned to stare at his friend, "You don't think I find it pretty difficult as well? She's my girlfriend too, you know?"

"You just lost a girl, he probably lost his soulmate". When he noticed Taehyung's quirked eyebrow and not understanding look he sighed. "I mean- from what you told me about the whole situation, he probably grew up with her by being neighbors. He then, after becoming close friends, started dating her. They probably have some sappy backstory, but on top of that, they have been high school sweethearts for almost three years. For all I know, he must've been thinking that they were meant to be, forever. He probably dreamed about their future together and when he met you each dream about the future got popped one by one".

Taehyung felt something bad settle in his stomach and he swallowed harshly. "Do you think I haven't thought about my future with her? Do you seriously think I didn't think about her being the one?"

The older felt like this conversation was going towards a bad place and he silently tried to clear his throat. "That's not what I meant-"

"Are you trying to make me feel any less bad about this? Jungkook has it worse so I shouldn't feel so heartbroken? Is that it?"

"No- of course that's not what I meant", Jimin tried to reason, noticing how upset his friend had gotten, "I just mean that he has a lot of past memories with her, going way back to his childhood and he probably doesn't remember a life without her in it. Him hearing about her meeting you and immediately discarding his feelings must've been terrible-"

"Are you guilt tripping me?", Taehyung's voice had dropped to something that was even lower than his normal voice, "To make me feel like it was my fault she cheated on him? Is my existence the problem here?"

"Don't be ridiculous. Of course that's now what I'm fucking saying".

Suddenly the door to the bedroom creaked open and two tired brown eyes peeked from behind it. "What's all the fuss about?"

A sleepy Jungkook walked inside, a blanket draped around his shoulders, as he rubbed his eyes in annoyance. He had been having the most amazing nap but it sadly got disturbed by loud noises coming from the main room. Having no idea who the other person on the couch was and why he looked so angry at the moment, he turned to Taehyung whose face contorted into one of sympathy.

The brunette's eyes were stuck on the younger's sleepy figure and wondered just how cute a man was allowed to be. "It's nothing really", Taehyung merely gave the younger a smile and stood up, hoping Jimin would get the hint that their conversation was over. "Did you enjoy your nap?"

Jungkook nodded, a sleepy pout resting on his lips as his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed the other male in the room still unmoving. "Your bed is very comfy". Taehyung merely nodded at that and that's when Jungkook noticed the thick atmosphere in the room and tentatively took a step back into the bedroom he had retreated from. "I don't want to interrupt anything-"

Taehyung immediately cut him off, "Jimin here was just leaving. "

"Taehyung-", Jimin frowned, going to stand up in protest but was swiftly quietened down by a glare from his friend.

"Weren't you?", Taehyung sneered, raising an eyebrow. The older sighed and got up from the couch but not before giving Taehyung one last meaningful look. "Bye Jungkook", he spoke, lifting a hand as if to greet him and then walked out, slamming the door shut quite loudly.

"You two were having a fight before I came in here", Jungkook spoke up, tugging the blanket tighter around his shoulders, "Weren't you?"

"It doesn't matter right now", Taehyung said, quickly dismissing the question. He really didn't want to think about the fight that went on between him and Jimin. He knew his reactions had been slightly exaggerated but he couldn't help to be offended by his friend acting like he didn't have it hard with his girlfriend's betrayal.

His eyes slid over to the sleepy boy still standing in the doorway of his bedroom, dark green blanket wrapped around his body. "Are you going back to sleep?", he asked, nodding his head towards his messy bed that was visible behind Jungkook.

The younger hesitated, his tired eyes betraying his need for more sleep when he replied, "I think I'll be fine now-"

"Jungkook", Taehyung cut him off, crossing his arms, "You still look like a walking corpse. I think it's best if you got some more sleep".

"But I don't want to hog the bed", the raven haired male almost whined, not wanting to be a nuisance to the older, "What if you get tired? I know you're too nice to kick me out".

Taehyung merely shrugged, "I could just join you. The bed is big enough for two".

Jungkook's cheeks turned pink at that and he stared at Taehyung quite bashfully, "Yeah, m-maybe for Lottie and you but the two of us won't fit in that bed".

"What?", Taehyung teased, his voice dropping an octave as he took a step closer, "You think you're that big you won't fit in the bed? Think you're too muscular for it? I'm thinking that your ego is the biggest part of you now, hm"

Jungkook's face contorted into angry pout before he turned around and strode back into the bedroom. "Whatever", he mumbled before diving into bed, "I bet you, we won't".

"We'll see", Taehyung smiled, taking his seat back onto the couch, "Sleep tight Jungkookie".