GRADUATION DAY

The graduation hall was neatly decorated, the school's colors represented in the ribbons decorating the walls and ceiling. The students were wearing smiles on their faces, the happiness of finally being able to graduate and leave high school evident on everyone's faces.

But there was one person that didn't feel like celebrating today. Jungkook was clad in a black suit, nervously fumbling with a piece of paper that had his speech written on it. This was supposed to be the day where Taehyung and him would expose their girlfriend's ass.

But instead, he was going to present a boring speech, that was supposed to motivate the students for their upcoming life in college and make them emotional about leaving their high school days behind.

His eyes scanned the rows of seats that were set behind the students' seats. He could see his parents making their way over to Lottie's parents and his cousin Jin was trailing behind them, sending him a short wave when he caught Jungkook staring.

The boy gave a small wave back before turning back around in his seat, feeling his shoulders tense as he faced the podium, the same one he was going to be standing on in front of all these people. Lottie was seated right beside him and Yugyeom was sitting on his other side, trying to get his tie right.

"You're looking forward to your speech?", the boy asked once he had given up on his tie. Jungkook glanced at his friend before sighing, "Not really. I'm nervous".

"You'll be fine", Yugyeom smiled, patting his friend's knee in support, "There's a reason they chose you to do this".

Jungkook let out a small scoff, "Yeah just because I'm the baseball captain doesn't mean I'm good at giving inspirational speeches".

They watched the principal walk onto stage, the people in the hall falling silent in anticipation. Jungkook held in his breath as he scanned over his speech once more, drowning out whatever the principal was saying. Everything was a blur until they started calling out names, giving out certificates and making every student come up front.

Jungkook knew he was going to be the last one to be called. Right after getting his degree he would give his speech and then shake the principal's hand and go back to his seat.

"Jeon Jungkook".

The raven haired boy shakily stood up, hearing his parents and friends clap for him. He smiled down at his friends, some hooting for him, as he made his way to the podium. The principal was waiting for him, piece of paper that was his degree in hand. He handed the boy his degree before going over to the microphone. "Jeon Jungkook is the captain of the baseball team which is the pride of our school", he spoke to the people, "And so he will be giving us some inspirational words that we may remember in our further lives".

He ushered the boy in front of the microphone and took a few steps back. Jungkook took a shaky breath as his eyes swept across every person sitting inside of the room. "Hello everyone, welcome to our graduation ceremony", he tried to smile, seeing a few people smile back, "It's been a hell of ride to get here, and in name of all students, were glad to be out of here".

This made the people laugh and he could see some teachers chuckle as well, probably having the exact same feeling as them because they sure could be some shitty students sometimes. As he proceeded his speech, his eyes still scanning the crowd, he faltered.

There in far back, squeezed between a family of ten, sat Taehyung. The brunette was staring at him, eyes focused on the boy in a suit doing his speech in front of the whole school. It took everything in Jungkook not to gasp when they made eye contact. And it surely took everything in him not to start crying on the spot when Taehyung sent him a small smile.

"I have to tell everyone something", Jungkook was speaking the words without knowing, the paper in his hand crumbling as he balled his fist. Just staring at the older boy he had missed so much, seeing him smile at him, it made him change his mind completely. He wasn't going to sit back and watch him ruin his own life. If he wanted to change anything, he needed to do it now.

"It may change your perspective of me, no, I'm pretty sure it will", he watched a lot of people frown at this, his parents and Lottie most of all since they had heard the original speech time and time again because Jungkook was an overachiever.

"Some of you may be shocked, disgusted, confused and many more emotions. But, to be completely honest, I don't care what either of you think of my words. I only care about one person only, one person I hurt so much these past weeks".

He saw Taehyung's eyes widen when he spoke these words. The boy bit his lip as he bent forward to lean onto his knees, intrigued with what Jungkook was telling the crowd. He couldn't bite back the smile when he saw the courageous expression on Jungkook's face, proud of him taking the reigns in his own life.

"I'm not in love with Lottie", Jungkook spoke and he could heard the students gasp. Everyone knew about them, they were the high school sweethearts, the couple everyone wanted to be in. "I used to be, I think, but those feelings have been long gone. I think they disappeared the moment I found out she had been cheating on me for seven months".

More gasps went around the room, even from parents who had no clue who he or Lottie were. But everyone got the message and an incredible pleased feeling spread through him when he saw the shock on Lottie's face.

"I'm in love with a boy", he proceeded, eyes now going back to Taehyung who was also sitting there with a shocked expression on his face before it morphed into one of happiness, "And you know who? I'm in love with the other boyfriend. The boyfriend that Lottie had been cheating on as well".

He could hear the principal shift behind him. The man was probably wondering whether to stop him from continuing or letting him get this off his shoulders.

"I was forced to break things off with him", Jungkook said when he realized the principal wasn't stopping him, "Lottie's father is my father's boss. And he would get fired if I decided to break up with her. My parents obviously didn't want him to get fired and so I was pushed into faking it was all okay for her to cheat on me".

He directed his attention to his parents who were equally as pale as the couple next to them, which were Lottie's parents. "Mom, dad, it's fucking not okay. I hate her. She ruined me and didn't care. Well, I don't care everyone knows what a fucking cheater she is. I hope it ruins her".

He then turned to Lottie's mother, the woman sitting there with her mouth open.

"I know about you offering my mother money so I would be able to go with Lottie to university in Paris", he spoke calmly, though the disgusted expression on his face said enough, "Money can't mend a broken heart and surely can't make me fake love a bitch".

He have the rest of the crowd a bright smile, "I decided I want to stay here, with the boy I love, and attend community college".

Jungkook ignored his parents making hand gestures which probably were meant to shut him up but he merely smiled again, raising his degree in the air,

"It was an honor to attend high school here and be the captain of the baseball team. But I'm also very happy it is over. Good luck in the rest of your lives everyone".

And with that he walked down the podium, the sound of silence breaking by the loud sound of applause.