30- sports fesival pt.3

Izuku POV

After my battle with Shinso, I was given a break to go watch the next battles and prepare for my own upcoming battle.

"Izuku! You were amazing!" Ururaka said once I got to the area that my class was watching the battles from.

"Oh....uh....thanks". I know that I probably sounded pretty awkward but I'm new to this whole 'other people taking an interest in me' thing. Well, I don't really think that their taking an interest in me. Their really just interested in my hero abilities.

"Who's up next?" I asked her.

"Todoroki is going against Sero"

Interesting. I thought that I better watch this battle carefully because I would be going up against the winner.

Sero went with a very direct and immediate approach by capturing Todoroki with his tape. It seemed like he would end up victorious because Todoroki was being pushed out of bounds at a petty fast rate. But Sero was no match for Todoroki. While being controlled by Sero's tape, Todoroki used his ice quirk to freeze himself to the ground so he could not be knocked out any further. To get Sero out, he summoned an insane amount of ice his way. An entire half of the arena was incased in Todoroki's ice! Sero couldn't move at all since he was covered in ice so Todoroki advanced to the next round. Looks like I'll have some good competition.

After all of the other battles for the first round, the contestants that were advancing to the next round were me, Todoroki, Shiozaki, Iida, Ashido, Tokoyami, Kirishima, and Kacchan. It was my turn to fight against Todoroki. We both made our way to the battle field.

He looked super serious standing in front of me. I could tell that he really wanted to win. With that look in his eyes, he definitely had something to prove. So did I.

Based off of what I have witnessed from the first round, Todoroki has a very offensive fighting style. But when you think about the way that he could probably build all kinds of walls and shields out of ice, he's great at both offense and defense. He's definitely going to go in for a quick attack, so I better prepare myself.

And......I'm covered in ice.

I was doing so much thinking and planning that I didn't even hear the announcement that the round had started. Todoroki summoned about 10% of the ice that he did for Sero because it took so long to clean up last time. The crowd began cheering for Todoroki. Did they really think that I would give up that easily? I had people supporting me that I just couldn't let down. And I might have even thought about not letting myself down at that moment.

It wasn't the least bit difficult to create a blast from just 2 of my fingers that completely made all of the ice around me crumble and fly off in all directions. A pretty large impact was made because I used an entire 15% of One For All. I could see the confidence in Todoroki's eyes dim just a tiny bit when the crowd began to aim their cheers at me. He continued to take the same quick attack approach by blasting ice at me once again. And again, and again. This time, I was able to counterattack by sending a blast of power his way each time, sending the ice away before it got to me.

"You know, I'm aware that you don't only have an ice quirk. You can produce fire too, correct? I hope that you weren't planning on using that secret to your advantage."

"Don't worry, I'd never use my father's terrible quirk. I will surpass everyone by just using my ice."

"Well that doesn't seem very likely with the way that things are going so far, does it?"

I could tell that the crowd was enjoying our banter.

"C'mon. Is that seriously why you won't use it? Just because your father happens to also have a fire quirk? Your quirk isn't his. It's your power, Todoroki!"