26- you cannot become a hero

IMPORTANT A/N: I wanted to make sure that you are all aware that I am using an American school year timeline for this story. They still live in Japan, it's just that it would be easier for me to base the timing of everything that happens in the plot on an American school year because of the events which will take place, and because I'm the most familiar with an American school year since I live in the US. Hopefully this won't cause any confusion. For those of you who are not familiar with this:

School usually starts during August or early September, we get 2 weeks off around Christmas and New Year's (ex: Dec. 23- Jan. 3), 1 week off for spring break around Easter, and school ends during late June for me but early May or late April for literally everyone else because my school district sucks.

Izuku POV

[Bolded words= English]

I was pretty proud of myself for getting to school early today. Until I realized that meant more time for everyone to ask me questions about Toga and Yozora.

"You think you could set me up with one of them?!" Kaminari enthusiastically questioned. He was one of the many boys crowded around my desk. Even the guys that weren't at the mall were still over here trying to know more about the girls because of what they heard from the other guys.

"I call the blonde one!" Sero announced.

"Are you guys serious right now? You're acting as if Toga and Yozora are objects!" I just couldn't let what they were saying slide. Toga and Yozora are like sisters to me, I'm not gonna just sit here and listen to all of these guys' crap!

"You're out here trying to call dibs while you can't even remember their names! How dare you treat girls like this! You should be ashamed of your selves!"

"Wow Izuku, you've just earned all of our respect" Momo said while surrounded by the rest of the girls in our class. Apparently they were listening to our conversation.

"Sorry dude. I guess that wasn't very manly of us, was it?" Kirishima apologized while scratching the back of his head.

"Definitely not. And besides, none of you would ever have a chance with them anyway. They're both third years" I pointed out.

"Th-th-th-THIRD YEARS?!?!?!" Mineta shouted with a bloody nose.

"Quiet down already problem children" Aizawa demanded while stepping out of his yellow sleeping bag. "Class is starting". We all quieted down so he could begin with today's lesson.

"Before I begin, I have an announcement".

Oh god, what is it this time? Is he going to put us through even more intense training? I'm still completely sore and exhausted from yesterday. But it's all worth it considering the fact that I was able to fully master one for all.

"I can see the worry across all of your faces. Don't worry, I think that you'll all like this surprise." He said in his usual monotone voice.

"As you all know, winter break will be coming up soon. Many students think that now is the time to slack off, but that can not be any further from the truth when it comes to such a prestigious hero academy such as UA. With that said, there is still one very important and challenging event that will take place before you all get to go on your break. The UA sports festival"

The entirety of the class was bouncing out of their seats at the announcement. As for me, I was pretty upbeat about the announcement myself. This could be my time to show everyone what I'm made of and how far I have come this year.

"You will all have the opportunity to battle amongst other students in your age category. This is a very big event, people from all over the country will be tuning in to watch how the events play out. It is also a time for pro hero agencies to scout out new possible interns."