36- Valentine's Day pt. 3

3rd person POV

Dabi showed back up at Izuku's house half an hour later in a fresh set of clothes consisting of a black turtleneck tucked into a pair of jeans with a black belt and jacket for the rain.

"You look nice." Inko complimented him as she invited him into the kitchen. She decided it was time to lighten up on him a bit. She knew that Dabi and Izuku both deserved to be able to enjoy their Valentine's Day date together.

"Thanks Inko. Is Izuku almost ready?"

She didn't give an actual reply at first, instead letting out a laugh. When she noticed Dabi's confused expression she decided to clarify the point she was making. "Sweetie, you should know that Izuku always takes forever to get ready."

"Well it's already been over 30 minutes. He can't be that much longer, can he?" Inko responded with a light hum, obviously avoiding eye contact.

It wasn't for what felt like (and probably was) another entire hour that the two heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Though when Dabi saw his boyfriend in front of him, he felt absolutely no reason to feel burdened by the wait. His breath hitched as he took in the sight of Izuku's appearance, more breathtaking than he had ever seen him.

~Earlier~

Izuku flopped down onto his bed with a sigh after Dabi waved goodbye and ran away from his spot in front of the window. He felt relieved about finally being able to sort things out with each other in person. That calmness only lasted about 15 more seconds before he realized that he needed to get ready. There was so much that he had to do!

He quickly stripped off his clothes and hopped into the shower. Was it completely necessary to take the extra time to shave his legs? Yes. Yes it was. Plus, it gave him extra time to do a face mask and hair treatment. Once he was all clean he doused himself in his favorite perfume (he collects both perfume and cologne, but prefers perfume cuz of the fact it smells sweeter) and floofed up his hair to the perfect amount.

Picking out his outfit was probably the most challenging part. His entire closet ended up thrown all over the floor by the time he found a shirt a a that he hoped was good enough. It was one of his favorite ones. It was cropped with a green pattern and a zipper in the center of it. But then he realized that it was Valentine's Day! He didn't want to wear green on a day like this! He continued his search for a different outfit, preferably pink or red in honor of the holiday. It didn't help that the image he encountered of a soaking wet Dabi in the rain kept finding its way back into his head, distracting him from his current task. The way that the beads of water......dropped from his hair and.....ran their way down his collarbone..... and..... enough of that!

After awhile, Izuku finally put together an outfit which he was quite proud of. A leather pink heart ring choker, a pink cropped longsleeve with cutouts over the shoulders, a white skirt embroidered with pink hearts, and a pair of partially clear light pink wedges with sheer pink ribbon tied into bows.