0.97 | r e a l i t y

-L I A M-

I tried my hardest not to laugh at the vacant expression on my mom's face.

"What the hell did you just say," she said looking at me in confusion, even though I could tell that she heard me perfectly. 

"I got back in contact with Theo, Mom. Just as friends though, after what happened at the party."

My mom wrapped her fingers around her nose, as if the news nearly killed her inside. It took everything inside of me nit to burst out in laughter. Although I knew that she would act this way, I couldn't help but want to tell my mother. After all, she is the one that I tell everything to, and it would've eaten me up if I hadn't. I know that I should have felt scared telling her, but honestly, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Just then, Jonathan came waddling down the stairs. 

"Brudder come play," he started. "Hi mommy," he said with excitement, a plush dinosaur in one hand at waving at her with the other. 

"Hey baby," she said with a light smile and a quick wave back at him. I just looked at her. 

"Well you heard him. Go play, and we can talk over dinner," she said in a tired, wispy voice. 

"Okay momma, " I said getting up to give her a light kiss on the forehead. She smiled and waved me off, and there I went following my little brother upstairs.