17

17

" Well would you look at that, your boyfriend even brought wine," Ellie said once Cole walked into the kitchen.

I glared at her, when were they going to leave.

Cole placed his hand on my arm. " Take it as piece offering for accusing you Mrs Gonzales but me and Alexis are just really good friends" he said this without so much as a stutter, he stared at my parents with a strong stare.

I glanced at Jess and saw her staring at me confused. I was as confused as her. Even though i hated people talking about us, i didn't enjoy hearing him just say that we were friends.

I hoped that last night's events was down to a lot of alcohol.

" Hmm okay Cole, i'll believe that for now but just know i am a journalist" was mom trying to make this day extremely terrible.

Cole slowly let go of my arm. I won't deny that by him removing him arm, it stung a little.

" Alright let's stop talking about that and eat" she moved on leaving me and Cole to just stand there silently.  The next few minutes I helped mom set up for the table as Cole went to the lounge to speak to my dad.

" I'm not against you having some fun, but please protect yourself" i dropped a fork onto the table once hearing this. My eyes rushed to the door, praying that Cole hadn't heard what my mother had just said. 

"Mom" I complained, was that really necessary.

She laughed " no honey i mean protect your heart. Boys like that are very dangerous okay"oh thank the lord.

" But that too, wrap it up" she sang before leaving to the kitchen to grab the food.

I groaned. I desperately wanted this day to be over already.

My thoughts were interrupted when i heard my dads booming laughter from the lounge. I was curious so i sneaked a glance into the room. Only to find Cole sitting near my father as they watched a game on the Tv.

How is he doing that?

" He's perfect boyfriend material isn't he" I jumped back when Jess sneaked up on me.

I placed my hand on m chest. " Jesus Christ you scared the shit out of me"

Ellie joined us. They both crossed their arms looking at me.

" Look we realised that it's better to forget about it and stay friends, so you can both stop this Sharad," I said looking them straight in the eyes.

They needed to get off my back.

"Hmm, you mean you realised, that boy wants you bad lex" Ellie replied.

I looked back at cole, saw the way he was relaxed with my dad, laughing along with whatever they were talking about.

" Believe me, its for the better" I left them both in the hallway. Sooner or later they will both understand that i am right.

When mom was finished preparing the dinner we all moved into the dining room. I didn't make a fuss when mom told Cole to sit next to me. Maybe if I didn't react then maybe they would stop talking about it.

" This is really good, what do you call this" Cole spoke up after a few minutes of horrendous silence.

Mom grinned. "Oh its nothing special really just some marinaded chicken wings and vegetables. Although i seem to have perfected it since Alexis forced me to make it ever since i made it when she 10"

I licked my fingers " so yummy" i said making them all laugh.

" Have you travelled much Cole?" Mum asked him.