26

26

I was proud of myself throughout the whole drive to the hotel. The fact that I even had the will power to not look at him as he sat next to me, his leg bouncing up and down occasionally brushing mine.

There wasn't a chance in hell I was going to be able to do this all night, but it was fun to just watch him gradually get annoyed with the silent treatment. He even shoved his phone into his pocket.

"Thank you" I said to the driver as we stepped out.

When we reached the lobby, a man walked up to Cole whispering into his ear. This made me finally stare at Cole. as he spoke to this man, I could sense how stressed he looked. This was supposed to be a relaxing time for him, away from training for once.

When the guy left, Cole ran his fingers around his neck and guided us slowly to the lift to take us up to the room.

One of the lady's eyes me from the sofa. I smiled weakly and stepped closer to Cole as we waited for the lift. I hated seeing the distress on Cole's face, so I threaded my fingers with his.

He jumped slightly but when he realised it was just me, he calmed down.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

He squeezed my hand. "no, I'm sorry, you did all this for me, and this is how I treat you" I shook my head. "it's not your fault, I blame her for even trying it with you. Besides you looked really hot when you pushed her away" I said with a smile.

"find that sexy do you" he replied back.

I shoved him into the lift when the doors opened. The giant grin on his face was back and things were good again.

"did you really use your royalty card to get this room," I asked Cole as we stepped into the room we would be staying at.

I couldn't believe that this was going to be the room that I might lose my virginity in.

I kind of want to do it tonight, with Cole but there really isn't any pressure. If it happens, it happens.

"Yeah I guess I did" he chuckled staring out at the view we had.

"You don't really talk about that, much" I stated leaning against his arm. I never really asked him about it from what happened when we first met. It was a touchy subject for us.

"Can you blame me after what i accused your mother of" he did have a point, but we were all over that now.

My mom practically loves him now. A little too much if you ask me. 

I turned around, wrapping my arms around his back. "it was a misunderstanding" I replied. He needed to not worry about that anymore.

"I also shoved you into the pool"

I had to laugh. "yes, you did, but I still looked good wet right" I grinned up at him, his idea to humiliate me only made me look hotter at freshers.

"don't remind me" he groaned leaning back. My eyes trailed up his neck.

It's hard to believe that we somewhat hated each other back then. Never imagined we would be here, in a fancy hotel room after watching a pro basketball match together.

This is what Montana was missing out on. She may have had him first, but he really wanted me didn't he.

"Why don't you go and explore the room a little bit and I will order us some room service," he said running his fingers down my arm.

Of course, he knew to mention food as a way to change the conversation. 

I pushed up and kissed him softly. "Sure, make sure you get mac and cheese" there is no way in hell I'm passing up on having mac and cheese whilst in America.