Chapter 23

~~~~~
UPDATE!!

Need 75 🌟 for next update, next Friday

Vote and comment!!

~~~~~

~Toni~

~Toni~

" the nature here is absolutely breath taking" Sydd speaks making me humm as I keep a protective, and guiding arm on her waist.

Almost as breath taking as you

I shake my head at my thoughts, holding Mia to me, watching as she looks at everything in awe, but still cautious.

"There's still a lot more I want to show you" I respond feeling relaxed with her by my side, as I step in my home country.

I haven't been back in a while

"Why'd you leave, it's so beautiful here, and the people are friendly" she speaks sounding like a child learning about something new.

" you haven't been too many places have you" I ask not finding the same awe that she has. It might be because I grew up here, might be because I have history here, but her reaction is very.... innocent.

I watch her look at me shaking her head, looking down at neveah who plays with her gold chain.

"As an assassin I was allowed were I was told to go, and then come back. Our time was constantly limited, and free time was rarely allowed, seeing as how you weren't really supposed to have connections outside of the gang, which is why as soon as you used to see me I used to disappear as soon as you processed you'd seen me" she speaks making me raise an eyebrow as we casually walk down the road to one of my favorite sweets shops.

She said you as in me

"You used to-" I start to ask, confused at her statement, only to be cut off by her shaking her head in disagreement.

" yes and no. I had many assignments Where you happened to be there and many times you were supposed to be the target, yet I'd always decline the one about killing you because there was something interesting about you... there still is, plus everyone who went after you got killed, and I wasn't going to take that chance kids or no kids, plus we weren't allowed to do research on you, we were just told you were to remained untouched " she speaks honestly making me cock my head a bit at her being open with me.