25. I'm Sorry

The weeks soon passed and Stevie and Lindsey weren't on the best of terms; he'd been taking care of the things she asked for Will's birthday and of course, Kristen had to help with delivering the invitations to his friends because she was his mother. Stevie did everything while Lindsey and Kristen set her plans in action. And though they weren't on the best terms, they managed to look the part for the kids and Kristen, but deep down the atmosphere was off--- tension thick enough to cut with a knife.

Hopping around, Will was beaming because he was turning seven and he was in an overall good mood.

"Are my friends coming?" Will asked.

"Of course, baby," Stevie smiled at him. "Today is all about you, my love---" she assured, sipping from a wine glass as she cuddled him on the couch.

In the last weeks, Leelee was clinging towards everybody, but trying to console what she had seen of her mother by showing her all the love she could. She had never seen her mom cry and the picture was stuck in her head, but she never told anybody.

"Auntie Chris is coming, Uncle John... Auntie Lori, Auntie Sharon, Uncle Chris..." Stevie paused thinking over some of his favorite people. "Kristen..."

"What about Uncle Mick?" he furrowed his brow.

"Well, I'm not totally sure yet," she said honestly. "Uncle Mick was sick a while ago, but Auntie Chris told him so, we'll see, okay?"

He nodded his head. "I hope he feels better to come," he mentioned.

"Me, too---but don't be too sad if he doesn't come," she added, her voice soft as she spoke.

He nodded his head, knowing that statement well.

Stevie was sitting on the couch, her legs elevated on her ottoman and Will sat on her thighs, his knees on otherside.

She sipped her wine calmly as she soaked in his happiness. "I love you so much," she leaned forward, wrapping and arm around him to kiss his head.

"I love you, too---" he kind of shoved her off.

She giggled lightly.

"So, where's daddy?" he then asked.

"Well, he went to get your cake and he's getting all the food."

"What time does the party start?"

"Five," she laughed.

"When does it end?"

"When you get tired and your friends leave," she giggled again as she sipped her wine. "But you know even your party will last forever if mommy and daddy's friends are coming---" she stated, more or less thinking out loud unintentionally.

The plan was for the kids to obviously spend the night at their father's only because their would be a lot of people there who weren't part of their circle or celebrities; they didn't know the secret. So at Will's party in which invited friends and parents of those friends, Lindsey and Kristen would most likely be together and showing them around while Stevie was with her girls or Fleetwood Mac. Since Stevie and Lindsey weren't really speaking, they were good with not pretending to not speak.

"This is so cool!" he beamed.

"I'm glad you think so," she smiled, pecking kisses on his face.

"Mom!" he complained.

"Oh, I love you too much," she laughed a tad.

Pretty soon Stevie could hear small cries from upstairs.

"Let me get your sister," she patted him to get up.

He did as asked and sat on the couch, grabbing the remote to the television.