56. Maybe

Later that night, Stevie and Lindsey had settled their kids in for the night.

Stella was taking melatonin as per Dr. Phillips orders---that being anything but a sleeping pill, but something on the market that would help her sleep at night, just dialing down the girl's thoughts.

Pulling back the comforters and bed sheets, the couple stayed kind of silent only because a lot had happened in the day.

The moment Will had gone, Stevie spent the rest of the day with her girls; guilt and sadness overpowering her most of the day. Just having her eight and twelve year old, she was happy they weren't as upset as their brother.

"So... Do you wanna tell me why the hell you quit Fleetwood Mac, Steph?" Lindsey asked as he slid into bed. "I left, leaving is one thing... You said quit and that is harsh."

Settling in her side of the bed, she positioned all of her pillows and blankets to tuck herself in. Sighing ever so lightly, "I wanted Silver Springs on Timespace because it never got on Rumours and you know I love that song. Plus Timespace has Desert Angel and Sometimes It's A Bitch because Jon gave it to me and y'know I didn't want all repeated songs, but anyway... I went to do it and turns out I don't have the rights to Silver Springs and I had given them to my mom when I wrote it."

"What, that's crazy," he creased a brow. "I remember you told me you gave it to her and she owns it."

"Right because Silver Springs, Arizona... It's home and she loves that song. I told her she could have it and Mick fuckin' knew it was her song. But I guess he owns it and he will not give it back to me." As she told her story, she was starting to get angry all over again because it had been something to piss her off early in the day.

Lindsey creased his brow again and paused because he had no idea how Mick would have gotten the rights, especially that song in particular.

"I just want it back," she kind of let her hands fall into her lap since she was still sitting Indian style.

She had a range of raging emotions within her; sadness, anger and confusion since her day really went, not as planned.

He smirked a little only because at the moment he could have sworn he saw Leelee's temper.

She kind of giggled through a whine that was on the verge of tears. "It's my song and he won't give it back..."

"Well, what do you want to do?" he asked her, leaning to take her hand.

"I told Mick I would quit if he didn't give it back. He didn't after I asked nicely, after I screamed at him... Finally I quit and I'm dragging my lawyer into it because I want that song. And it will be safe once in my mom's hands where it belongs."

"Wait," he stopped since she rumpled over the topic quite fast. "You quit, like for real?" he asked only because he really had to be sure.

"It sounds petty, but yes," she started scooting down the bed, ready to sleep for the night. "That was one of the most dearest songs I've ever written and I can't even use it on my own solo work because I don't even own it."

Lindsey kind of sighed. "I'm sorry, baby, I am... I hate that it happened---you should be able to use it because it is yours..." he kissed the back of her hand.

"There seems to be a lot out of my control today," she arched a brow more to herself as she curled her lips, thinking about her son and mother who were more thank likely still on the road.

The two had left around two to three in the afternoon; once again, Stevie catching them since she had gone from her studio to arguing with Mick. It was roughly an eight to nine hour drive from Pacific Palisades, California to Flagstaff, Arizona.