23. Squirmy

Coming home, Stevie stumbled in with her bag in her hand. Knowing her children were asleep, she did do her best to stay as quiet as possible. It wasn't as late as a usual night out, though she still had a good time out.

"Steph?" Lindsey came down the stairs, able to hear her from bed only because she was stumbling and there were small thuds from where she was toppling.

"I'm okay," she assured as she got up of the floor and stood. "I'm just trying to get water," she stated as she pulled her boots off her feet.

"Well, I'll get it for you," he told her as he watched her. He then kind of chuckled to himself because she was, in fact, on the floor---trying to get her shoes off. "How'd you end up on the floor, baby?" he asked.

"I don't know," she shook her head, resting on her arms, on the floor. Her eyes were shutting---head falling back as she sat on the floor.

Lindsey soon returned from his journey to the kitchen to retrieve a glass of water and he dropped to a knee to offer it to her. "Stevie, open your eyes," he mentioned.

"They are," she paused and opened them. Looking at him, she took the glass---her hand a little wobbly as she went for her sip.

"Did you drink a lot?" he asked, unsure of her consumption---it had been only a couple weeks that she had drank.

"Meh," she shrugged.

"If you're not too out of it... Dr. Phillips called," he mentioned.

"For what?" she turned to whine a little. She flipped over to sit flat on her knees, her hands falling to his leg.

"She just wants to check on you and Stella," he assured with a nod, taking her water so she wouldn't drop it.

He had called the doctor earlier in the evening, just stressing his few points and Dr. Phillips explained that it was very well possible she had some sort of postpartum depression because her pregnancy was so hard and then giving birth was even harder on her body. The doctor assured Lindsey she would be over to check on things because the two had an upcoming appointment anyway.

"You should get some rest, honey---" he swiped her blonde tresses back.

"Can you help me up the stairs, please?" she asked, really needing the help because even in her state of mind, she could tell she wasn't making it without some sort of help.

"Of course," he stood up first and he then helped her up slowly so she wouldn't start spinning.

"I'm really..." she spaced off for a long time.

"You're really what?" he asked, since she didn't finish.

"I don't know," she sighed---pulling herself up with the railing of the stairs.

He smirked and just shook his head to himself because he knew she was somewhere else in her head.

"I'm tired," she mentioned as soon as she got up to the top of the stairs, still her husband guiding her.

"I bet," he chuckled. "You need to rest up, sweetie."

"Mhmm," she agreed and plopped into bed when she felt it come into contact.

"Keep a foot on the floor," Lindsey mentioned since she was laying down.

"Hm?" she asked, creasing her brow.

"Put a foot on the floor," he took right foot and planted it to the ground so that she wasn't spinning.

"I'm not comfy that way," she mentioned, trying to push herself up the bed.