40. Questionable

Later that day, Stevie was dropped off at her house while Lindsey was dropped at his and that was only to get the kids and bring them home for her to finally spend time with them. And when she did get home, she immediately settled with a cup of tea and she wanted to phone Lori.

Bringing the phone that was wired to one side of the room, she brought it to the opposite side that held the couch. On her little venture to the couch, she dialed her sister in-law's number and listened to it ring as she settled with the her giant mug.

"Hello?" Lori responded.

"Hey..." she settled the phone between her shoulder and ear as she reached for the remote.

"Are you home?" her sister asked. "How was the tour?"

"Interesting and yeah, I'm home... Lindsey went to get the kids from his place and he's bringing them back here."

"That's good, y'all can finally settle in together."

"Yeah..." she sighed a tad.

"So, why interesting? What happened?" the red head asked.

"Well... Lindsey left the band," she waited so she could hear the girl react.

"What?!" she yelled. "Well, why? What's wrong with him?"

Sighing, "There is nothing wrong with him and the band took it way too well... I was so sick to my stomach that I didn't even hear what Mick said and I was within the circle, right in front of them so I never asked, but they were happy and I didn't question it. Everybody was encouraging and okay with it."

"When did he tell?" she continued to question, wanting the details of this giant step.

"He told me the night we left for tour, on the plane..." she actually brought a hand up to her head and shook it. "He told the band last night and they celebrated the end of tour as his retirement. Between you and I---I have no idea what the hell is going to happen because we can't move forward without him. I can't play with replacements Lindsey suggests and Mick willingly highers---it's just not right."

"Besides that, how do you feel about it?"

"It saddens me," she shrugged. "That's our home-home away from home."

"Whatever that means..."

"You don't have to," she waved it off. "It's just... I don't know. I tried my best to make him think about it."

"Like what?"

"Sex, our family, legacy, Fleetwood Mac's franchise, fans... That basically covers the first night. The second night, he was hip to the sex and he finally asked me so I confessed, we talked and then when he was talking about the kids and how it was for us; somewhere in there I may have sort of accused him of sleeping with Kristen."

"What do you mean, may have? Stevie, it has been years since you have even brought that up---I know you're still afraid of that, but like why voice it?"

"I didn't mean to... Ever since he told me, all I could think was; it's me. He must want more time away from me and why, why would he want that? Obviously, if the band were to continue, I'd be touring double time in a sense and then I get home, he's on his way to tour for a solo. If you put all that time together; the making of a record---Fleetwood Mac or my own, that's months to a year of working in the studio. And this time, it took us two years but that goes back to the fact that we all have children and I was being a skittish little cat. Anyway, then tour is anywhere from a month to a year with short week breaks... And the in between shit, where I am home like the month before I start my own stuff, he'd be gone on his tour. He doesn't like to tour excessively---gives him bad memories of Rumours. It was long, he was on coke and I was pregnant," she huffed after her long ramble.