2. Living Arrangements

"Kristen!" the children screamed in unison as she emerged through the front door.

"Hey, guys," she squatted down to meet them. "I heard you guys have a new baby on the way," she smiled.

"Yeah, isn't it cool?" Will beamed.

"I don't want it," Leelee crossed her arms, furrowing her brows as she did the day before.

"Oh, no---you don't want it?" the woman replied. "I don't think that would make you feel good if Will said he didn't want you," she rose a brow.

Leelee curled her lips to the side, letting that comment sink in her little brain that was still forming common sense.

"I'm gonna go get mommy," Will assured the blonde before running up the stairs.

"Okay," she nodded with a gentle smile. Turning her attention onto Leelee, "How are you doing?" she asked.

"Good," the girl nodded. "Mommy and daddy said we're gonna play a game with you and you're mommy..."

"I know, are you excited to play?"

She kind of shrugged her little shoulders with a smile.

The blonde chuckled in return, knowing the girl probably didn't know what to make of it.

Pretty soon; one by one, Will, Stevie and Lindsey were descending the staircase, causing Kristen to stand tall.

"Hey, good morning," Kristen kind of waved as Leelee slipped her hand into hers.

"Good morning," Stevie gently smiled, her hand naturally able to find her stomach even in the earliest of months.

"I'll get some coffee going," Lindsey moved passed his wife. "You're gonna need it with these two," he mentioned to Kristen.

She chuckled in return, bending to pick Leelee up and place her on her hip. "You guys are perfect," she ruffled Will's hair. "How are you feeling?" she then asked of Stevie.

"I'm okay," she nodded. "I think I'm having my first signs of morning sickness... I was just sitting in bed and even though we weren't moving, it felt like we were on some sort of boat."

"That doesn't sound fun," the woman replied, her attention mostly on the children.

"Mm, and then these two come jumping on the bed---arguing or fighting..." she trailed, stopping at the thought because her tummy still wasn't feeling the best.

"You should drink some Alka-Seltzer or something," Kristen followed the woman into the dining room and set Leelee down into a chair. "Should I make some?"

"No, that's perfectly alright," she waved it off. "I should try and walk around and get used to it. It's been some time since I last felt this way," she kind of gestured to Leelee. "I'm gonna have to just move through it," she assured.

Kristen nodded, "Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything... I might take the kids out for a little while after Will's lesson."

"Can we go to the donut shop?" Will asked, beaming.

"Maybe---we'll see how well you do at working today."

"Okay," he nodded---understanding that as a response well.

"Sounds good," Stevie smiled as she headed for the kitchen to meet her husband.

"Hey, you---" he turned, setting a few mugs on the counter. "How are you feeling?" he opened his arms, his lower back resting against the countertop.

"I'll live," she wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest.

"That's good news," he smirked, letting his fingers graze her back. "Do you want coffee or will that be too harsh on your stomach?"