67. Making It Better

Weeks had gone by; Stevie's statement already coursing through---worldwide while Lindsey remained home, though coming back and forth between houses as his wife advised.

It was the first week of March---Stella's birthday party in the works with the help of Karen, her siblings and of course Stevie.

"Can you and daddy be together, today?" the little girl asked as sweetly as she could. "I'm ten today---please?"

"Yes, honey---we'll be together for the birthday girl," she grinned, pulling her in to kiss her and just spoil her with love. "You're such a big girl, it makes me sad," she complained.

"Mom!" the girl whined trying to shove her off.

"Oh, stop or I'm gonna let Will beat you up ten times," she smirked, letting her settle.

Stella giggled, already knowing her mother wouldn't do that since she had saved her from Leelee whacking her while in bed.

"Why don't you go put on the pretty dress Aunt Sharon got you, hm?"

"Okay," she agreed and zipped up the stairs to do as asked.

Karen then walked through the door and she came in with a giant cake.

"Oh, let me clear a spot in the fridge," the blonde raced over to the kitchen, meeting Leelee in there.

Leelee was setting all of the disposable dishes out as decor and for use when people got there.

Stevie allowed Leelee to handle that since she was deep cleaning around her son decorating the house.

The group still had to get ready but since Stella was getting fussy and bored, Stevie told her to change. But they did also have to wait for catering, however that was Karen's job.

"Let me see that," the blonde gestured to the cake, taking it from her assistant. "Shit, that's heavy," she widened her eyes, trying to get a different grip to slide it in. Once it was in, "Alright," she sighed in content as she shut the door. "Kids, why don't you get ready? We're pretty much done here and I'm just being crazy," she gestured.

She had never had one of her kids' birthday parties at her house before so she was being extra OCD, even for Leelee. The house was spotless, but she saw different things people did not.

"Does this look even, mom? Before I tie it," he pointed so he could get ready.

She walked over to the other side and she looked at the banner. "Bring it down a tad lower..."

He did as asked, showing her.

"Yeah, that's fine, honey---" she nodded---it looking even on her end.

"Cool," he jumped off the chair he was standing on and wiped his face with the inside of his tee shirt. "I'm gonna take a quick shower and change," he let his mother know in case she yelled for him.

"Okay," she nodded and smiled at him and his sister walked by to get ready. "I'm gonna start getting ready in a minute. Lee, your sister might need help with her dress."

She nodded before making her way up the stairs.

"Can you wait for catering?" Stevie asked, knowing she had to get ready while also help Stella with her hair because that was just how it was.

"Yeah, it's my job," the woman kind of smirked. "Just get ready, I'll be here and the house looks great."

"Thank you," she kind of chuckled as she took her turn to head upstairs.

By mid afternoon, Stevie had a full face of makeup and a certain dress to wear for the night. It was a little black dress---just above the knee with a huge slit on the side of one leg---it was strapless with a low cut, sweetheart neckline and she would wear a pair of plain, black stilettos.