34. Reassurance

When the next week rolled around, Stevie was to head to Lindsey's with a called car---just so management when had an idea a Fleetwood Mac album would be starting its process.

Sliding into some bell bottoms, Stevie buttoned them into place and as she did, she kind of smirked to herself, recalling when Lindsey had to help her get them shut when she was pregnant with Stella. She then slipped her comfy boots on and did her best to tuck the jeans into them.

She was already wearing a black wrap styled blouse. It had embroidered flowers, an ultimate '70s style she went for a lot. But she was finding comfort in the old things she wore lately.

Things were tough and she was at a point where all she did was think about her husband. All she did was think of every nice thing he did for her, every birthday, every anniversary, each of their children's births and then all he did for them as a unit---it pained her in many ways because she was scared it was all over. And for the time being, it had been---going on two years, it was all over and she knew she was the cause. Taking Sharon's words into consideration, she knew what she had to do; she had to be the one to make things right.

Pretty soon, Stevie looked out the window only because she felt the essence of a car pull into her courtyard. She then grabbed a thick sweater and put it on over her top and then went on with spritzing a light rose perfume on her neck and wrists before making her way out. When she got downstairs, she headed straight for the foyer and took her purse of the living room closet doorknob. Making her way outside, she shut the door behind her and kind of smiled at the driver as she made her way to the back seat.

"Good morning, Miss Nicks," the driver greeted.

"Morning," she bluntly replied.

"I was told to take you to Mr. Buckingham's place... Is that still correct?" he asked.

"Yeah," she sighed a little only because she was a little nervous to finally see her husband after so much time. She then stared out the window the entire drive, which was only about ten to fifteen minutes, but her brain wouldn't stop.

The only thing in her mind at the moment were Sharon's words which were burning in her head and she really couldn't shake them. They were actually starting to annoy her and she was ready to do something to get them out.

"Miss Nicks?" The man had said her name a couple of times after he had pulled up to the Buckingham Manor.

"Hm?" she looked at him and then looked up at her surroundings. "Sorry..." she shook her head a tad and then pulled money out of her purse to tip. She could already see that the whole band was there and so was Kristen.

"Have a good day," he waved, nodding in thanks for the heavy bill she supplied.

"You as well," she hopped off kind of quickly.

The car that dropped her, drove off almost immediately as she looked at her husband's house. It hadn't been since Leelee's birthday that they had reconvened there, so it made her gut twist a little.

Letting off a small breath, she built up the courage to make her way inside his gate and then she managed to get to his door step, there she rung the bell.

Her nerves were attacking her like crazy and for whatever reason, she was extremely nervous to see her spouse---she didn't know why.

The door soon opened and Lindsey stood with a wide grin. "Hey," he stepped aside immediately.

"Hi," she allowed herself in and she barely made any eye contact.

"You alright?" he asked, hand meeting the small of her back.