65. Hurt

--------

Dear Stevie,

I know what I did was uncalled for. You have all been wonderful to me and you helped me most of my life... It was finally time that the kids live a normal life with their parents. I just couldn't take the tension anymore, not even to keep this up. In doing this, I know it will be a big thing, the thing in which you are all afraid of, but the truth is, it will pan out to be what it was meant to be. I told Stella to call you mom and I left to be with my family. So much has happened between yours in the last decade and I just felt you guys couldn't do it anymore. I did it for you and though you may be angry with me, I know you agree, beyond what has happened.

With that being said, I wish to apologize for having to turn in my resignation. And for what Lindsey and I did... I know he's never said anything, nor have I. But I couldn't keep lying and working for you, knowing I had partaken in creating one of your biggest fears. I felt you should know that we were together at a time, but there was nothing between us. We were never trying for anything, but it happened and I'm so, incredibly sorry. I just couldn't face you anymore and lie again. I'm really sorry for everything; leaving in the middle of the ball, not telling you what happened and telling your secret while also keeping a dangerous secret from you. I never meant for any of these things to look as though it was betrayal. I love the kids very much and I hope we cross paths and I hope there is chance you'll let me see them some time, but I feel this was an inevitable withdraw.

Once again, I thank you for everything as well as apologize for everything...

Yours,
Kristen

---------

"Mom?"

Leelee and Will came running down, only having heard the glass shatter.

Stevie brought a hand up to her head. "Karen take the kids out of here---take them to Lori's," she ordered.

"What about paparazzi, mom?" Leelee pointed out.

"Don't worry about it, you'll be fine there. Aunt Lori knows what to do," she stated, her mood hindering because of the news she got.

Lindsey stayed quiet, not wanting to look his wife in the eyes as she stared at him.

"Go get your coats and shoes on, please," Stevie then added softly. "Karen..."

"Come on, kids, let's go," her assistant mentioned, rounding up the kids to make their way.

It only took a few minutes for Stella to come down and get herself together with Karen's help.

Stella came over to her mom, wanting a kiss.

"Bye, baby---I'll see you three later," she assured the rest of them.

Soon, Karen had the kids out of the house completely and she drove off.

Stevie then looked back at her husband and she shrugged. "Are you gonna say anything?"

"What do you want me to say?" he flung his hands out.

"I want you to tell me the fucking truth," she added. "Tell me you did it because already this silent thing is getting old."

"Yes, it happened," he kind of rose his voice because she was yelling.

"Wow..." she mumbled to herself. "And you kept it to yourselves this long? Why was she keeping it a secret."

"I asked her to," he assured. "Stevie, it happened but I didn't mean for it to happen," he admitted.