59. On Gaurd

1992...

"Come say bye to daddy, gals!" Stevie yelled from downstairs. She then turned around to face him in the foyer of his home.

Chuckling, "I'm kind of nervous," he assured.

"No, don't be---you'll be fabulous," she wrapped her arms around him. "This is seriously one of your best albums and I'm super excited, baby."

"I am, too---I'm just nervous," he smirked.

"It has been a minute since you've toured, I would imagine. I've seemed to have passed you up in the experience," she thought out loud.

"No kidding," he rose a brow. "Back in the day, would have been mostly me, but now---you're gone all the time."

"But not anymore, my friend... Can't believe it's been a year since I have worked. It feels weird..."

"Right?" he smirked.

Lindsey had released his new album Out Of The Cradle in June of 1992 and he was now, leaving for tour and it was early December, 1992 and his tour was to end in June of the following year. He was to return home for Christmas---this time the Buckingham-Nicks family going to Arizona to spend time there, for the girls to play in the snow.

Normally, Stevie hosted a giant Christmas party, this year she didn't really want to only because she had to. It was odd of her to not when she had done it every year. Lindsey's side of the family was to come and she was sure of her parents were coming down with Will. Overall, it would be huge and exciting considering Will had been away for so long, though around when he had to be.

"But I still don't plan to work," she assured. "I will restrain myself---still writing and recording, but they're just demos for rhythm purposes."

He smiled.

Pretty soon the girls came running down the stairs, making their way straight to their dad.

"I don't want you to go," the nine year old kind of whined.

"Neither do I, but he has to," Leelee told her sister.

"I'll be back before you know it," he assured, kneeling to be level with his girls.

Leelee was pretty tall for a thirteen year old, though Stella was still short and she was the more stumpy one, definitely having her mom's height gene.

Lindsey rose to his full height to hug and kiss Leelee---giving her the little attention she usually wanted. "Don't talk to any boys while I'm gone," he smirked.

"Who am I gonna talk to?" she rolled her eyes as she pulled away, her weight shifting to one side as she crossed her arms.

"I don't know," he shrugged, really just joking with her, though she took it seriously.

Stevie smirked a little and shook her head to herself as she leaned against the staircase railing.

"So, let's go over the Kristen thing..." Lindsey then added, wanting to be able to answer questions if she and the girls were caught in photos.

"Ah, so gals..." she came forward. "Kristen is mom, you know that?"

They nodded their heads.

"Alright, so I'm gonna take you guys out every once in awhile while daddy's gone. So sometimes Kristen or mommy," she air quoted with her fingers, "she'll hang out with us and we'll have a gals' day. Aunt Lori and Sharon will come, too, and then every once in a blue moon it'll just be the three of us, okay? So, I'm just relieving Kristen by taking my nieces out," she looked at Lindsey, mostly letting him know because he asked.