45. Celebration

1989...

Five months later, early May, Stevie's latest albun would be released and within a week or two she would not only be turning forty-one, but she would also be headed out on tour once again.

Things between herself and Lindsey were a lot healthier. They were placed into a dating stage so they were always talking their problems out, reteaching one another about themselves since so many things had seemed to change within the three years, from Stevie's breakdown to the Fleetwood Mac tour. Occasionally they had a few arguments, but the kids seemed to remind them not to and that's all it took for them to stop. They were trying not to be the messy couple, but the one they thrived to be; their old selves. All they wanted was to be the parents they were, trying to stick the fact that they were private parents aside and even though it wasn't exactly possible to be the way they were, they were trying to at least take their tempers back to those times. It was still hard because they couldn't exactly head out into the public together, but they did their best to make do at home.

"I'm so nervous about the album," Stevie mentioned as she lit a cigarette.

She had been pacing about their bedroom, up bright and early as she did most mornings and the first thing to attack her this morning was the fact that her album was being released.

"It's a great album," Lindsey assured, watching her stress about it.

"But is it really? I mean... It has to be otherwise it wouldn't have gotten produced, but what if nobody else likes it and they don't buy it?" she had to think out loud only because that was always her biggest fear.

"They'll buy it, Steph," he laughed a little.

"Is that my husband speaking or my former band mate?" she smirked a little as she walked over and pressed a knee into the mattress, boarding to sit on her side. She elevated her arm, holding her cigarette between her fingers.

"Both," he assured with a smile. Slipping a hand on to her hip and waist, he tried to pull her in---kissing her lips in the process.

"Wait," she pulled away and sat the cigarette in the ashtray. "Okay," she smiled a little, kissing him.

They made out for quite a while, all they ever seemed to do only because she wanted to wait to go further.

When his fingers met the hem of her red silk and lace nighty, she gasped a little.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Celebrating the release of your album," he assured, hand squeezing her thigh a little as his lips mumbled against her neck.

"No, wait. Stop," she asked, letting her head fall back. "We should wait... The kids'll be up soon and, and... I think we should wait a little," she explained---combing his curls with her fingers.

"Steph," he let his head hang a moment. "It's been five months, close to six that we've been quote-unquote 'dating'," he gestured with his fingers, "and you still don't wanna sleep with me?"

"It's not that I don't want to... Usually with people like myself and what you've been going through, it's better to wait a year... Especially since we had a really gory and messy year."

"Those are for people who have reckless sex and are alcoholics... You went to rehab and we were well into three years not doing it, not until tour. I was pissed off and..." he trailed, not exactly knowing where to take it. "We're married---I think we can handle it."

"Yeah... Yeah," she nodded. "Sure, but let's like wait till we're alone and maybe we can do it then," she bit her bottom lip as she watched him pull himself off of her.