Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up well-rested and did my exercise. The day was a quiet one. I just hung out in the boys living room and we all finished our homework and joke around. We relaxed after dinner and listened to some music and just talked. The next day was similar but we finally finish our homework before lunch. To stop Sirius stressing out about exam results I asked Walburga and Orion if I could take Sirus and Reg out in muggle London. They agreed and I took them around London for the day. We did touristy things and went on the London Eye. I was shocked that they had never gone out in muggle London and seen any of this. When they saw the traffic they laughed thinking of wizards way of travelling. I decided to find something fun to do so I organised a helicopter ride. They thought it was amazing even if they were scared for the first few minutes. I had blindfolded them so they didn't know what was happening as I didn't take it off until we were in the air. When we got back down they thought it was amazing. It was close to dinner so we quickly made our way back. We had eaten while we were out. I introduced them to burritos. We didn't need to eat but the boys really wanted to try them. Which was a good thing we did as dinner was some stew and we ate a few spoonfuls before we blurted out we already ate. Walburga and Orion just ushered us out the room. We went to the living room. Sirius was adamant that we needed to have a day out in London with the others. I agreed purely so I and Remus would be able to mess with them. The boys kept asking me questions about what we had done today. We spent the rest of the evening talking about London and me telling them what we could do next time we went out. I went to bed happy from going out that night.

~~~

The next morning is the same as every morning I exercise and get ready. We are at breakfast when an owl comes in and drops a letter each in front of me and Sirius. Everyone becomes silent.

"Well open them," Walburga exclaims breaking the silence. So we pick up our letters. We open them at the same time and look at our results.

"I passed. Everything and got an O in Transfiguration and Charms," Sirius says first smiling and looking at us all.

"Well done Sirius we are so proud of you," Orion says and Sirius smiles even wider. Walburga smiles at Sirius and me and Reg congratulate him.

"What did you get Char?" Reg asks.

"Have a look for yourself," I tell him passing him the envelope. He looks and his mouth openes shocked.

Reg blurts out, "She did it. She actually got all O's in her exams without revising."

"What!" Sirius yells taking the envelope from Reg's hands. He reads it looks shocked then pales. "I lost the bet," he whispers before putting his head in his hands. We all laugh.

"Well, Charlotte, what does our son have to do?" Walburga questions seeming amused.

"I decided not to be too hard as he lost out on the latest broom so I am just going to make him come shopping with us next time we all go and make him hold our clothes and bags," I shrug like it was nothing. Sirius makes a pained sound and the others laugh.

"But, Cissa can shop for hours. And she looks at everything. I will do anything else please," he begs.

"Anything. Would you say James has better hair than you in the great hall?" I ask. He opens his mouth. "In front of eveyone not when it is empty," I add. He closes his mouth and glares at me.

"No, because that's a lie. So shopping house elf it is," he sighs.

"Well, we probably won't be going shopping for a while so don't worry you have time to build up your muscles," I smirk. I stand up and pluck my letter out his hands. "If you'll excuse me I am going to write Bella and Cissa to tell them my grades and the good news about our shopping monkey," I chuckle before sweeping out the room. I go up to the boys living room and go get some parchment. I quickly write Bella and Cissa a short note telling them my results and what I am making Sirius do before sending it off with an owl. Sirius and Reg came in.

"Char, we need to pick out our NEWT classes," Sirius announces plopping down on the couch.

"Okay, what are you going to take?"

"COM, DADA, Transfiguration, potions and charms," he tells me and looks at me expectantly for me to say mine.

"I am going to take those and healing," I say laughing. "Should we owl McGonagall?" I ask.

"Sure," he shrugs. We both wrote her a letter picking our options for NEWT. About an hour later James sent Sirius and I a letter telling us his grades. That was what the rest of the day was owl coming in and out. Everyone was asking everyone's grades. Eventually, we just left the window open and brought the owl treats up to the boys living room. By the end of the day. We both knew everyone in Gryffindor and Slytherin's results as well as a few Hufflepuff and Ravenclaws. At dinner, Orion and Walburga asked about other's results. It turned out I had got the best results in the year. I only had two days until I had to go to the Wizengamot meeting. The next day I prepared for the meeting in my room. I had asked Orion to give me any paperwork informing me of anything he thinks I should know. So I spent the day reading up on the laws that were likely to come up tomorrow. I went to bed early as I had to be ready early. The next morning I wore simple black robes with gold trims. I was waiting in the entertaining living room when Orion came in.

"Ready?" he asks.

"As I ever will be," I nod. And we went back through the floo.