Chapter 41

Her mask up top. Charlotte POV:

I had come back to the table with Sirius and James. Dumbledore had told us it would proceed like last time. He had the weird sisters again. They came over to say hi while we ate. Which made the gang really happy I wouldn't be singing this time as I wanted to enjoy the night. We ate our food and talked. I talked to Sirius as we were the two single ones. However, I was sat next to Marlene's soulmate and I had never talked to him before so I was getting to know him. Bella, Cissy, Lucius, Regulus and Nott came over when dinner was over. They stayed until the music started.

"Charlotte, want to dance?" Reg asked.

"Sure, you don't mind do, you Sirius?" I asked hoping he wouldn't as watching the other couples act so in love was making me miserable I couldn't with him. Since I had found out that he was my soulmate I had gone over everything and I saw all the signs that Sirius liked me from the future. I then realised that I found him cute and since I have got here he has been nothing but kind. So now, I am avoiding him or just talking with someone else when he is in the room. Hopefully, he hasn't noticed.

"No, not at all. Just make sure you bring her back," he jokes. I smile and take Regulus outstretched hand. He twirls me to the dance floor.

"So, how has your evening been so far?" he asks.

"Good, the food was nice and I got to meet Marlene's date. Sirius keeps interrupting though so I might have to hit him soon," I say rolling my eyes.

"Well, maybe he is jealous," he replies thoughtfully.

"Doubt it," I snort shaking my head, "Your brother can get any girl he wants and he knows it."

"Maybe, maybe not," Regulus agrees. "Anyway enough about my brother. I meant what I said earlier you look beautiful Charlotte. But, how did you get ready alone? Bella and Cissy needed the other to help them tighten their corsets and the screams we heard were bad," he asked curiously.

"Well, I used a spell to do the corset up and the inside of this dress has an undetectable extension charm. But seeing as I am so in shape I don't even need that. My ancestor also left a spell in the box that told you how to do it up," I reply smirking.

"Well, your ancestor was very resourceful," he replied chuckling

"She was. Everything I have on came from her vault. When I went shopping with Bella and Cissy I was only looking for shoes but I found them in the vault as well," I answered. The song ended. It was an upbeat song so we couldn't carry a conversation quickly like we would if we were dancing to a slow song. It was fun though.

"Well, I hope you enjoyed that as most of the songs tonight are going to be slow songs. This is a valentines day ball," Lucinda said into the mike. I thanked Regulus for the dance before going back to the table. I saw Sirius coming over.

"Up for a dance Nott?" I ask quickly.

"Sure," he shrugs.

Sirius' POV:

My brother had just walked off with Charlotte to dance. I watched them dancing for a while.

"See, you look very jealous to me," James sing-songed next to me.

"Alright, I might be but he always dances with her," I whine.

"Then ask her. Next time she comes over. Just don't spend the whole time watching her or you will make it obvious," he replies before turning back to Lily.

So that's what I decide to do. I talk with the twins until I hear the amazing news.

"Well, I hope you enjoyed that as most of the songs tonight are going to be slow songs. This is a valentines day ball," Lucinda the lead singer said into the mike. I looked around and saw Charlotte near the table but as I got close to her I heard her ask Nott for a dance. It was a slow song. I didn't get to dance with her last time there was a ball but I will this time. I watch them dance and talk. He must have said something funny as she laughed.