Chapter 31

Regulus POV:

I was glaring at my brother from my place at the Slytherin table. He and Potter had attacked Snape today and it was unacceptable. It was about ten minutes into dinner when the doors opened with a bang shocking everyone and Charlotte was standing there looking furious. She marched over to the Gryffindor table towards my brother who suddenly looked pale. The candles had dimmed and the ceiling was suddenly cloudy with lightning. Everyone was watching to see what she would do.

"Get up," she hissed at my brother and Potter.

"But it's dinner," my brother said stupidly trying to delay the inevitable.

"I don't care," she growled.

"Well, I do," he replied smirking. That seemed to be enough for her as she grabbed his and Potter's ear and dragged them to a standing position. But because they were so tall in comparison and she had her hands held at nearly her waist they were bent.

"Remus. Peter. up. I don't want to have to come and get you," she warned. The two boys jumped up. She turned to Dumbledore. "Sorry, for the intrusion, shan't be long but maybe ward the doors, don't need the little ones repeating the language in front of their parents'," she said pleasantly as if they were discussing the weather. I saw McGonagall go to stand but Dumbledore just placed a hand on hers and shook his head. She turned still holding their ears and strode out the doors. The closing behind her with a bang. Dumbledore quickly put up a spell. But apparently, it didn't last as soon we all jumped again when we heard her voice yelling.

"YOU ATTACKED A PERSON BECAUSE YOU WERE BORED, YOU ARSEHOLES, WELL MAYBE SIRIUS ORION BLACK NEXT TIME I CAN'T SLEEP I WILL SHAVE ALL YOUR FUCKING HAIR OFF."

Sirius POV:

Charlotte had just let us go from dragging us out of the dining hall.

"What the hell Char?" I asked rubbing my ear.

"I just finished my lesson in the infirmary when Snape was rushed in due to the damage you caused. Now I want to know why," she asked.

"Because I was bored," I shrugged as if it was no big deal. Which was apparently the wrong thing to do.

"YOU ATTACKED A PERSON BECAUSE YOU WERE BORED, YOU ARSEHOLE WELL MAYBE SIRIUS ORION BLACK NEXT TIME I CAN'T SLEEP I WILL SHAVE YOUR FUCKING HAIR OFF." she yelled at me. I immediately put my hands on my head.

"Char come on it wasn't that bad, we mainly did it because he called Lily a mudblood," James tried pacifying her but she turned on him.

"I WILL GET TO YOU IN A FUCKING MINUTE JAMES POTTER. YOU HELPED AFTER ALL. I UNDERSTAND THAT HE CALLED HER A MUDBLOOD, I UNDERSTAND YOU LOVE LILY BUT I KNOW THAT GIRL AND I KNOW SHE ASKED YOU TO STOP AND EVEN IF SHE DIDN'T SHE COULD HAVE HANDLED THE SITUATION. IF YOU TRULY CARED FOR HER YOU WOULD OF RAN AFTER HER WHEN SHE LEFT CRYING AND I YELLED AT HIM AS WELL," She yelled at James who took a step back and she looked at me again.

"Char, he is just a slimy snake," I tried reasoning. But I really should have known that wouldn't work as she sent a stinging hex my way every time I said the phrase. This time was no different.

"I DON'T CARE IF HE WAS A FUCKING MAN EATING SPIDER THAT CAME FROM THE FOREST WHICH I AM TEMPTED TO FEED YOU TO. IT GIVES YOU KNOW RIGHT. WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR BROTHER THAT HAD BEEN ATTACHED BY SOME OTHER GRYFFINDORS WOULD YOU LET IF GO IF THEIR REASONING WAS 'OH HE'S JUST A SNAKE'. NO, YOU WOULDN'T. I THINK YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN ONE THING SIRIUS BLACK. YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY COMES FROM THAT HOUSE AND I NEARLY DID. AT THIS MOMENT I DON'T THINK I HAVE EVER BEEN MORE DISGUSTED TO BE ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS." she yelled at me sending stinging hexes every now and then. I was stunned. None of us had ever seen this side to her.

"Charlotte was that necessary," Remus asked quietly. She whipped round to face him.

"Was it necessary for you to just step back and watch or should you have done the necessary thing and stepped in like the perfect you are," she asked him coldly. Remus looked down ashamed. "I can't even look at any of you, you make me sick. Using those spells on him. Humiliating him in front of people, why. What did you get from it?" she asked, none of us replied. Charlotte opened the doors to the hall which was silent and went towards Dumbledore. She spoke softly to him and he nodded sadly. She swiftly turned around and left. The sixth-year Slytherine's, as well as my brother, left as well. Reg, however, stopped in front of me.

"Just so you know everyone heard what she said and the family you hated for the last five years because they used to be dark would have welcomed you with open arms for finding out you bullied someone because you were bored. Isn't it a shame Charlotte made them realise they didn't want to do that any more because you would have fit right in," he sneered at me before walking past bumping my shoulder. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach so I walked up to the common room. I was barely aware of the boys following me. When we got there we all sat down on our beds silently.

"I have never seen her so pissed off. She wasn't even that angry at Fabian when he insulted her the first day," Remus whispered.

"Yeah, but we did the one thing we all know she hates which is bullying," Peter spoke.

"What are you talking about Pete?" I asked confused.

"Well, how she was bullied by her cousin growing up because he was bored with his friends. She has always hated bullies," he explained. "Didn't she tell you guys?" he asked after realising we were confused.

"No, no she didn't Pete," James said sighing. "That's why she was so pissed off because the same thing has happened to her," he continued sitting back on his bed before standing up and looking at Charlotte's bed. "Guy's where is her stuff," he asked.

"Probably in her wardrobe," I said shrugging and going to open it but it was empty.

"She moved, but I thought nowhere else had an empty bed," Remus wondered aloud when it clicked.

"Yeah, everywhere except Fabian, Gideon and Frank's room as they are the only Seventh years and they have four beds," I said before running out the door. We ran up to their room and tried to open the door but it was locked. We tried everything to get it open but it wouldn't budge even with spells.

"What are you doing?" we heard and turned around to see the three boys looking at us confused.

"Charlotte's in there she moved rooms but the door won't open," I rushed out. Frank just looked at us weird before walking to the door and opening it easily. He raised an eyebrow before walking in. We quickly ran in and saw as we thought Charlotte on the spare bed reading.

"Char, you bunking with us now," Gideon asked sitting on her bed grinning.

"Yep," she said looking up at him then turning to us. "Unless you have something to say you will all be evicted from the room in ten seconds and something to me just makes you leave immediately," she said bluntly. We all just stood there mouth agape. Before we suddenly got pushed out of the room by an invisible force and the door slammed in our face.

"We have really screwed up," I said sadly.

"Dumbledore did warn us her temper was worse than Lily's," James reminded us. We all went back into our room and silently went to bed.

A.N: What do you think about the confrontation. We also saw how Charlotte had obviously bonded with Peter. I never liked how nothing was really done about how she felt about her dad being a bully. Hope you liked it. I know I haven't published recently, but school is stressful.