Chapter One: Leaving for College

Hello, my name is Korren Waters and I am from Southern Water Tribe. I am currently on my way Republic City University on a scholarship for basketball. A little back story about myself, I am currently 19 and have good grades. I am also a military brat due to my father the General Tonraq Waters. My mother name is Senna Waters and she a nurse. Any way I am sitting at the airport get a literature from my father about making sure that I am accountable for all my things and to make sure I call once I touch down in Republic City. Just when he was about to ask me was, I am paying attention, the PA call for my plane. I look my father in the eye like he have always taught me and told him " Da I know sir and I not forget anything" and turn to my mother who been trying not to cry this whole time and hug her and gave her a kiss on the check. I turn back to my da and stood straight and render a salute and say "Sir" as I was about to turn around to leave, he grabs me by the back of my shirt and hug me. These though me for a surprise because my father never hugs since I was able to start walking. I hug him back and took off running yelling I love you both and promise to call when I get there. Just as I got on the plane, I shot a text to one of my best friends that live in Republic City and told him that I just got on the plane and I will see him soon. Then I took my seat and plug in my headphones and draft of to sleep well listening to my music.

******Four Hours Later*******

I lay in Republic City and text my good friend Bolin and told him I just laid. Shortly I got a reply from him saying he will meet me out front after I get my bags. I was so excited that I almost forgot to shoot my folks a text until I seen my bags. After the text I grab my bags, I ran for the door where I see Bolin waiting by his truck.