Chapter 26: Saving Korren

Korren notice the car pulling up but he did not care at the moment. The only thing on his mind was all the pain he was in and just how he could not take it anymore. With a sad smile on his face he throw his cigarette to the side and revv up his bike. As he was about to let go of the brakes, he heard the one voice he did not want to hear and that was Asami. Korren had a split second to think of he was going to stay and this to her or drive of the cliff. At the last second he figure he coud listen to what she had to say before he finish with his plan. 

Korren had already harden his heart as much as he could and lock any emotion he had was lock away. Asami slowly walk towards Korren and could tell he was not going to be reason with easily. Asami ask Korren if he could turn off the bike but he just shoke his head no. When she realize he was not looking at her and was not going to cut the bike off, she walk in front of the bike and place her hand on the bar.

Asami: Hey 

Korren: Hi (not looking at her)

Asami: I hope you are not thinking about driving off that cliff, Its a long way down

Korren: Look, how did you find me and please just let me go

Asami: I had a feeling if no one could find you, I could and plus I drove up here plenty of times just to clear my head.

Korren: Ok any thing else, I know your time is of vaule and you should not be here wasting it on me

Asami: Can I be the one who decide what to do with my time and right now I want to be with you 

Korren: Why 

Asami: Idk wondering why you told everyone goodbye and I own you a thank you for the gift, it really help me with so much of my choose

Korren: No need to thank me for anything and because I plan on leaving everyone that why I told everyone goodbye, now can I leave 

Asami: (reaching to turn his bike off) No until you heard what I have to say, then you can go

Korren: (getting off his bike and lighting another cigarette) fine but I do not have much time there a deadline and I plan on making it

Asami: Ok ok calm down and answer one thing for me and then I will tell you 

Korren: What is it

Asami: Did you mean what you said in the poem and everything in the video

Korren: (looking down) yes, I meant every word I said but I have to leave soon to keep my promise

Asami: Ok well, it my turn to tell you something ( taken a deep breath), Korren I want you to know that I do love you and to be honest I was scared and we was moving really fast, but your poem and video really open up my heart and eyes. I understand now that you really do care about me and would not use me. I realize you have been in so much pain when it comes your date life. First it was Katara, which I am so sorry no one deserve what happen to yal, then there was Mya, Jinora, Yue and now me. I have added to your pain and did not realize how deep your pain was. I only had to to deal with one Mako cheating on me, Iron and I never really had time to be with each other and then there was you. My knight in shine armor. I was so foolish, to not realize that (walking up to Korren and taken his hand) you was never my knight in shine armor but my prince charming Korren. (crying) I am so sorry and I hope you can forgave me for hurting you, I love you Korren James Waters. (grab him by this face and kissing him)

Korren was confuse and could not decide if he wanted to push her back or pull her close. He did not have a chance to decide because Asami pull away. For a moment they just look at each other. No one said anything until Asami phone rang. She look away and remember she told her mother to call her an hour, she look back at Korren and ask could he hold on for a minute, he just nodded. Asami turn around and answer her phone.