Chapter 3

Your POV

The whirl of machinery fills my hearing. My eyes glow their soft E/C colour which reflects the colorful lights everywhere. I smile and stare. "It's amazing," is all I can get out. "Go ahead, look around, but be very careful and listen to warnings." Willy said. I nod and run around like a child on Christmas with a brand new toy. I watch through a window at this pool, with one of the little men swimming in it. He collected small ball like candies at the bottom on the pool. "Willy, who are these people? And what is this?" I ask. I watch Willy smile and walk over to me.

"They're Oompa Loompas Dear! Imported straight from Loompaland." I nod, acting as if I knew what he was talking about. I give my act up quickly though. "I've never heard of that place," I tell him. "Oh it's a terrible place. I would never want you going there unless you had me to help guide you around," he smiles down at me. 'You're really quite fun sized. Oh anyways I met the Oompa Loompas trying to find delicious new flavors for my candy. They lived in tree houses because of all the evil beastly creatures there. They ate these despicably tasting caterpillars all mashed up together. They tried to mash other things up with the caterpillars, like the bark of the bong bong tree, but nothing ever made it taste good. Then they found the cocoa bean! Their most prized possession, they worshipped the cocoa bean really, it was all they could think about really. I told the chief, since you know chocolate is made of cocoa beans that he can come help run my factory and have all the cocoa beans they want! He agreed to come back with me so here they are!" He explains and smiles. I smile back.

"And the candy is?" I ask. He nods. Then he takes a ball-like candy from an Oompa Loompa and holds it in front of me. "This is an everlasting gobstoper! It's for kids who have very little allowance. You can suck all day long, even week long, EVEN YEAR LONG! And it'll never get any smaller! Amazing isn't it?" I smile, I could tell my eyes twinkled with stars for hope of someday doing something as incredible, as remarkable, just so when I died I had something to be remembered by.

He gives the gobstopper back and runs across the room to a huge machine. I follow after wishing to see what this one did. "Let me show you something!!" He pulls a lever with a red ball on top. It whirls and screeches. It is a bearable sound though, so I watch. The machine extends and produces a piece of...gum? I raise an eyebrow at it. "Gum?" He nods like a mad man, "Not just any gum!" He gives a haughty giggle. "This is a full..umm.." he pulls out a few notecards, I hear footsteps behind me and see Charlie and Clara. "You still have those notecards from four years ago?" Charlie asks. Willy smiles and nods. "It's a three course meal! Try some Y/N! Please do! It's perfect now! It won't turn you into a blueberry. I'd make sure of it." I give a confused look at those exact words. I take the gum and start to chew it, it is amazing. I taste burning hot tomato soup running down my throat. Then roast beef and fresh potatoes! And finally there is blueberry pie, it tasted fresh out of the oven. It tastes like my mothers old recipe. Then it ended. I smile at Willy. "Delicious," he smiles back and grabs a trash can. I spit it out and look around again. "Oh come on! I know where we should go next! Come come!" Willy lets out, grabbing my hand and bolting out a door.