LA?!

Shao Fei looked at the door where Jack left. His eyes begged for something to be okay. He needed to hear something anything, but the moment Jack left, everything hit him like a cold shower.

"A-A'Fei?" Zhao Zi looked up to see Shao Fei's death grip on his sheets and his eyes glassed over.

"P-Please tell me it's-s not true." His voice was barely above a whisper, but Zhao Zi heard him. Sometimes he wished he didn't. Shao Fei's voice sounded so broken by that point. Zhao Zi hugged him close and left with a promise to get some answers from his boyfriend's retreating form.

"Don't let it be true, Tang Yi. We promised." Shao Fei stared down at his hands thinking for the longest time until he heard the wails from one of the kids. His eyes gained back a little bit of light as he heaved his body over to the two baby carriers and took care of his children.

"Jack! Jack! Please stop. I can't keep up that well!" Jack finally stopped and turned around at Zhao Zi's voice.

"Zhao Zi, why are you exerting yourself like this? It isn't good for you or the baby." Jack placed a calming hand on Zhao Zi, but Zhao Zi didn't let himself fall into the momentary happiness.

"I'm. . .exerting myself. . .because you left without. . .saying anything to us."

Jack sighed and brought Zhao Zi to one of the chairs kneeling in front of him. "I didn't want to worry either of you. This news would be too hard for either of you to handle."

"And who are you to judge. . .that?" Zhao Zi crossed his arms over his chest and glared (cough pouted cough) not wanting to look into Jack's good puppy eyes.

"Please Zhao Zi. Believe me. This isn't something that should be known in both of your states."

"I am perfectly fine." Jack shook his head and looked at Zhao Zi with pleading eyes. Zhao Zi knew this was serious if Jack wasn't even taking any humor into it. "You're serious?"

Jack nodded and kept his head down. "I wish I wasn't. This is something big and Shao Fei is the only one who's allowed to make the decisions. The nurse just knew it wasn't the best time to tell him yet."

"When will be a good time? He's worried sick over Tang Yi, and we all know that will never change."

"Fine." Jack sat up and looked in the direction of Shao Fei's room before hanging his head in defeat. "You call for a good bargain my little pervert." Jack was about to kiss Zhao Zi before he pulled away realizing what he just heard.

"What did you just call me?"

"Nothing nothing." Jack quickly made his way to Shao Fei's room before he could have his legs kicked out from under him.

"Can you please tell me what happened to Tang Yi? I can't just sit here and not know what is happening." Zhao Zi's frail heart broke at his friend's broken gaze. His eyes looked like a thousand shards of glass were shoved in them and tears were on the brim of falling. Yuan Li and Yi Xing were laid on Shao Fei's chest and looked completely confused. Their mommy's heart was speeding up and erratic.

"You might want to give us the kids for this." Shao Fei's face paled as he handed Yuan Li to Jack and then Yi Xing. Zhao Zi sat down in the chair next to the bed and held Shao Fei's hand with a solemn look. Yeah, he had no idea what Jack was about to say, but he knew that it was bad if he still wasn't saying anything.

"This isn't easy to say, Meng Shao Fei, but Tang Yi is in a medically induced coma. When he blocked you from the blast, many small shards of glass embedded themselves inside the skin and close to his heart with the force upon entry. They had to put him into a coma because he was loosing too much blood." Jack stopped there seeing Shao Fei's mental state all over his face.