Those Thoughts

Shao Fei's brain = bold
Flashbacks = italics

Shao Fei stared at the closed door where Tang Yi was. He finally had a moment to remember what happened two nights ago. He wished he ever went against Hong Ye's wishes.

【Flashback two days ago】

Shao Fei glanced outside Tang Yi's office window in his house hoping to get a glimpse of his lover before running down the stairs like a maniac to hug him. Wait, he can't do that in public. Oh well, poor A'Fei.

"He's not going to come here faster if you keep glaring at the driveway." Shao Fei turned around to see a shorter figure with many books in her hands.

"I-I'm not staring at the driveway Hong Ye." Shao Fei said trying to hide his growing blush at being caught. Tang Yi, come home quickly. "I was just gazing at the house's beautiful garden."

"The garden is on the other side, but nice try Shao Fei. He'll be back soon. Just wait for him." Hong Ye places all of the books and documents on the coffee table before starting on the workload. Dao Yi walked in with an apologetic smile. He handed his miss her coffee before standing at her side.

Easy for you to say. You have your lover near you all of the time. I'm just glad he's not doing anything at the bar. I do not trust that "Andy" guy. Stop hanging off of my boyfriend like he's yours!

Hong Ye and Dao Yi his their laughter at the little spectacle Shao Fei did. His eyes wide and his hands moving in many different directions. The "stop hanging off of my boyfriend like he's yours" was an added bonus.

Shao Fei finally turned around trying to calm himself from the image that was being created in his head. He did not want to picture and he and Tang Yi all over each other. They are not together he has a boyfriend. Get that into your head Meng Shao Fei!

"Shao Fei, stop pacing a hole into the floor and just go to the police station to get your mind off of things." Hong Ye suggested.

"Take a guard while you're at it. Tang Yi will have our heads if you get hurt." Dao Yi said trying to reason with a very distressed Shao Fei. "We just want to make sure you're going to be okay." Shao Fei understood, but he left the house without telling anyone. When Shao Fei was near the building, he felt something hit his head and passed out. Next thing he knew he was chained to a chair in a dark room.

Shao Fei came back to the present, but his thoughts were loud and proud. Oh shit, Tang Yi knows about them. He hasn't brought it up since I told him on the monitor. He probably doesn't want them. I mean who could blame him? He's still trying to get Xi Tian Meng out of the drug business, people are trying to kill him everyday. Ugh, why did you not tell him about this earlier Meng Shao Fei you idiot. Now he probably doesn't want me. No, I don't think I could handle that.

Out in the real world, Tang Yi just finished making the bath. "Shao Fei, the bath is ready. Shao Fei? A'Fei?!" Tang Yi started to panic when he got no response from the man. He rushed in to find Shao Fei in a daze of sorts. Tang Yi let out a sigh of relief before he saw that A'Fei still hadn't noticed him.

He sighed and kneeled in front of Shao Fei and put a hand on his cheek. "What is going on in your mind that you didn't hear me, A'Fei?" Shao Fei was startled to say the least. His eyes widened but calmed down the moment he realized it was Tang Yi staring at him and not Zhi De.

"N-nothing! What were you saying just now?" Tang Yi looked at him with concern in his eyes.

"Don't lie to me A'Fei." Shao Fei looked everywhere but at him. He didn't know what to say or how to word it. He was using most of his strength to keep his emotions at bay and not to worry Tang Yi more than he already is.

"Tang Yi, how did you know to come find me? All I am is a trial. It's an 'I'll give it a try' relationship." Shao Fei wanted to hide away from Tang Yi after he said those words.

"Is that what's worrying you?" His face was a combination of worry, anger, and some form of affection. Shao Fei shook his head.

"That's not all." Tang Yi places his hand on Shao Fei's cheek while the other held his hand.

"Tell me what is going on Shao Fei."

"You don't want me or them anymore." And that's when the dam broke as Shao Fei tried to hide his tears from Tang Yi. He put on a harder face and got up. "Never mind. I'm just going to go take a bath." Tang Yi was not having any of this and pulled Shao Fei back onto the bed before pinning him to it.

"How in the world could I not want you or them?" Tang Yi asked putting a hand on Shao Fei's stomach. "Do you remember what I did when you went missing the first time? What about when you got shot from protecting Hong Ye?"

"I thought you beat him up because he tried to shoot Hong Ye." Tang Yi's eyes widened as he realized he just revealed his real motive for hurting that man.

"The point, A'Fei, is that I want you." He said steering away from that shooting incident. 'Shao Fei, I would flip Taiwan over to find you.' Tang Yi thought as he gazed into Shao Fei's eyes with love. "I'm never going to let anything happen to you two ever again." Shao Fei smiled with a few tears in his eyes and kissed Tang Yi.

"I love you Tang Yi."

"I love you too Shao Fei. Don't think like that again Shao Fei." Shao Fei nodded before gasping as Tang Yi lifted him and brought them to the bathroom.

"I still don't see how you could think that I don't care for you Shao Fei." Tang Yi was facing the door as he said this upon Shao Fei's request.

"You have all of them at the club, and I'm going to look so dis-" Shao Fei could feel Tang Yi's hidden anger on him talking down about himself and stopped. "I'm going to look different." Tang Yi smirked before turning around and looking at Shao Fei.

Shao Fei's eyes widened before he scrambled around to cover himself. "Tang Yi!" Tang Yi's smirk never left his face as he walked to stand right in front of Shao Fei. "Don't look at me Tang Yi! I'm not dressed!"

"It's not like I haven't seen you like this." He said with a smirk. "I mean, we are together and I have made love to you enough times to show you how much I love you." Shao Fei's blush spread everywhere. Tang Yi smiled and moved Shao Fei into the tub.

"Why are you being so lovey dovey?"

"I can't be around you Shao Fei?"

"N-no, I was just wondering why. You're never like this unless you're super happy or. . .stressed/scared." Shao Fei finally looked up at Tang Yi with a worried look in his eyes. "Tang Yi, are you scared of something?"

Tang Yi looked into Shao Fei's eyes. His eyes gave the answer away. "I don't want to lose you. I have already almost lost you so many times. Now that you have another life to take care of I do not want to put you in harms way nor do I want to lose you." 'I can't lose the most important thing in my life. I can't lose the one person who makes me feel like a normal human.' Tang Yi placed a soft hand on top of Shao Fei's stomach.

Shao Fei put a hand on top of Tang Yi's giving him a huge smile. "I'm never leaving. I thought you figured that out when I was chasing you for four years." He smirked and leaned over the bathtub, put a hand on his cheek, and kissed Tang Yi. Tang Yi gladly accepted it and held him like he was the only person, the voice that he needs to hear to stay sane in this crazy world.

After the bath, Tang Yi placed Shao Fei on the bed before stripping himself of his suit and back hugged Shao Fei keeping an arm securely against Shao Fei's chest and a softer yet just as firm arm around his stomach.

'I will protect you and your mother no matter what.' Was all Tang Yi thought about before falling asleep to Shao Fei's soft breathing.