Shoot Up

Shao Fei felt the rain droplets fall on his head as he stared at the place where Tang Yi last stood.

Everything changed and he couldn't think clearly. Ringing was all he could hear. The event kept replaying in his head trying to remember the man's face.

"A'FEI!! A'FEI!!! COME ON, WE'VE GOT TO GO!!!" Shao Fei could barely hear Zhao Zi calling out to him. He only heard it faintly and could only see his hands in front of him shaking.

"Meng Shao Fei!" He felt his body get picked up bridal style as an ambulance was heard in the distance.

"Only one."

"Go with him Zhao Zi. I'll meet you there." A few clangs could be heard, but everything went by in a blur.

"Sir. Sir, can you hear me? Keep listening to my voice." Zhao Zi sat next to the paramedic looking scared shitless.

'Don't worry Zhao Zi. I will be fine.' And with that he blacked out.

Zhao Zi ran behind the paramedics when they got to the hospital. He met up with Jack who was covered in blood.

"Sirs, do you remember what happened?" One of the doctors asked as they wheeled Shao Fei into an operation room.

"Yes." The Doctor led the two to a conference room to talk about this in private and a place for them to stay and change.

"Thank you for this. We will do what we can to save him."

"Doctor, he's pregnant too. Please. . ." The doctor put his hand on his shoulder, and with a nod, he left.

Zhao Zi collapsed onto a chair waiting for someone else to come in and say all of his was an entire joke.

Jack came out of the bathroom with some spare clothes and ran to comfort Zhao Zi. He pulled him close as Zhao Zi tried his best not to break down.

"He will be fine Zhao Zi." A slam of a door jolted them a few hours later. They looked up to see Jun Wei panting and looking almost dead.

"What the hell happened there?!"

"Please don't act like this in front of my boyfriend, Doctor." Jack said in a menacing voice. His face showed a calm and soothing demeanor, but his voice and eyes could scare even a dictator.

"I'm not trying to act like this, Jack. Sorry, but let's remember that someone just shot up Tang Yi's bar, Tang Yi is missing, and Meng Shao Fei is in the hospital because he- mmf!" Jack has clamped his mouth and pinned him to the wall.

"I'm not in the mood for this, doctor. Please just understand that things are very stressful. We're just waiting for Meng Shao Fei to get out of that operating room." Jun sighed and sat down with his head in his hands.

"This shouldn't have happened again. Tang Yi is done with this gang business. Why the hell did the Yakuza attack?"

"How did you know it was the Yakuza?" Zhao Zi got up and stared down at him.

"A video was leaked. A man escaping had a tatto on his wrist. It's their trademark. Now, imagine that he was able to get out undetected. Only people in similar gangs know of the symbol."

Zhao Zi collapsed back into a chair knowing this was going to end terribly if they couldn't find Tang Yi.

"He will wake up Zhao Zi."

"I hope so." A cell rang and everyone jolted. Zhao Zi pulled his phone out to see Yi Qi calling. He left and didn't come back for a few hours.

"Where is he?" A chime went and Jack pulled his phone out with a dark look on his face.