Home

Tang Yi stood in the doorway of their house watching Shao Fei chase around Xiao Bin as Yuan Li and Mirai sat cuddled together. It's been a good thirteen years since they came back from LA. Yuan Li and Yi Xing had a hard time trying to adjust back to Taiwanese life. It took them two years to be accepted in classes.

Yuan Li didn't take it too personally and just dealt with it, but Yi Xing was a little offended. They both knew English, Taiwanese, and Chinese and practiced their culture, but because they grew up in LA for five years, it made them the laughing stock. That was until Yuan Li kicked the shit out of everyone who kept bullying them.

Tang Yi was so concerned the first time he got a call from the school saying that Yuan Li got into a fight.

~Flashback 4th grade~

Yuan Li and Yi Xing sat there in the principal's office with some other kid who had a crap ton of bruises and blood running down his nose. Yuan Li and Yi Xing had no scratch on them, so he and Shao Fei were relieved.

"Mr. Tang, who is this?" The principal asked. Since they came back, Tang Yi had made enough money to live without working. He kept the tailor business and worked from home, so he would always pick up the kids. Shao Fei got his job back and mostly took shifts until 5pm, so most of the faculty has never seen him.

"This is my husband Tang Shao Fei." Shao Fei took a seat and listened to everything that the principal had to say. Tang Yi had to hold his smile down hearing what she had done. 'Like father like daughter.'

"We do not condone this kind of violence, sirs. We would kindly suggest that you teach your daughter a lesson." The strain in his voice was not unheard from the two fathers.

"We have taught her properly. She respects everyone, but if someone hurts her family, she knows how to handle the situation. Let me guess, he threw the first punch?" Tang Yi asked turning towards Yuan Li.

"He said that we should stop trying to be fake Taiwanese citizens and go back to the fat ass country." She mumbled crossing her arms. "Then he threw Yi Xing back and threw his water bottle on Yi Xing." Tang Yi nodded.

"I was wondering why he wasn't wearing his own clothing." Shao Fei commented. The principal started to pale knowing that everything she said was true. "I would call this self-defense, and besides, I don't think you want this to get worse."

"Why are you threatening me, Mr. Tang Shao Fei?" The principal was very close to popping a vein in his head with how much these two were going against him.

He just didn't know he was staring at a police officer and a former gang boss.

"Well, I'm a cop and I can tell you with this evidence, it is an act of self defense. Now, if you would excuse us. I have to get back to work, and my husband needs to get back to his business." Shao Fei held out his hands for his kids and marched out with his head held high with a snickering Tang Yi behind him.

When they all got home that night, Tang Yi had gotten his kids a cake in celebration. Yuan Li's first fight in protecting her family! He couldn't be prouder.

"Why do we have a cake here?" Shao Fei asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

"To celebrate?" Tang Yi asked with hopeful eyes. Shao Fei sighed knowing he wouldn't be able to say no to those puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, but this is the only time. And remember to get the point across that this shouldn't happen regularly, Tang."

"I know. Thank you, Shao Fei." Tang Yi went and hugged Shao Fei before taking his breath away in a passionate kiss.