Fear

Shao Fei walked holding Yuan Li and Yi Xing's hands in his smiling.

"Are we meeting daddy today, mommy?" Yi Xing asked skipping and tripping on the cracks in the concrete.

"Yes, baby. Come on, don't slow down. I don't want you tripping."

"I know. I know. Are we also going to see Auntie Hong Ye and Uncle Dao Yi?"

"They're leaving tonight and will be here in the morning. Let's go see how daddy is, okay?" Yi Xing nodded with a smile on his face and unconsciously protecting Yuan Li. Shao Fei smiled down at the two trying to ignore the throb in his chest. Everything just felt like it was running in slow motion.

Tang Yi has been stuck in the hospital in a coma for almost five years. After they came to America, they barely made it. Tang Yi's problem had spread quicker than what others thought and they had to put him in a medically induced coma to operate on his heart.

"Hi daddy!" Shao Fei got out of his head and looked to see Tang Yi's deathly pale body. Nothing has changed since those years passed, and the doctors told him never to lose hope. Shao Fei was a year away from losing hope. The only thing that kept him up were the children.

Yuan Li and Yi Xing have been two happy kids in California. They go to a Taiwanese school to keep them close to their culture, After Mirai was born, Jack became a little puddle for his baby girl, and he barely goes to the bar anymore. Dao Yi and Hong Ye still haven't had kids, and he doesn't think it will ever happen.

"Look what I did daddy!" Yi Xing was showing off everything, but then he looked over to Yuan Li and helped pull her up to sit next to him in the chair next to Tang Yi's bed. "And check out what YuYu did!" He motioned for Yuan Li and she held out a cute drawing of their family. Shao Fei stood off to the side holding up his phone and recording the endeavor. He wanted Tang Yi to see how their children grew up to love him no matter what.

"Hey Shaun, do you want me to take the kids to the table?" Shao Fei nodded smiling at Saki. "Come on kids, you can help me with sorting."

"Okay, bye daddy, we'll be back soon!"

When the door closed, Shao Fei smiled and sat down in his regular chair. "Hey Tang Yi." Shao Fei brought out a small box and smiled holding back tears. "Happy 5th anniversary. I love you so much. . . . .Tang. . .I don't know how much more I can take. It's been f-f-f-five years." Shao Fei kept wiping his face to no avail.

"I hate this. I don't like that this has happened over and over again!"

"Shao Fei, it will be okay." Shao Fei chuckled hearing the vocal recording in his phone.

"Thanks for doing that, Zhao Zi." Zhao Zi in a last ditch effort created the vocal recording out of snippets to keep Shao Fei sane.

"Tang, they say that you can hear me, so I want to ask for you to please wake up. I can't keep doing this on my own." Shao Fei just gave up on wiping the tears and gripped Tang Yi's hand in his in a death grip.

"I wish I could have done something more. We should have never gone into your office that day, but I know-"

"It's not your fault, Meng Shao Fei." His name rang in his ears and smiled knowing that it was said the same way alone.

"Shao Fei?" Shao Fei looked up and didn't see Tang Yi moving at all.

.

.

.

.

.

.