The Hearing

Tang Yi stood before the Taiwan High Court knowing this was going to be the last time that he would be able to see Shao Fei for a long time, but he didn't tell him that to not worry him.

"Tang Yi, you stand before this court under the accusations of many of your old workers. You have been charged with manslaughter, treason, drug smuggling, etc. What would you like to bring to this court?" Tang Yi looked at the old man and remembered what he was told to say vs what he and Shao Fei discussed the night before.

-Flashback-

"I'm not letting you go on your own to this court hearing." Tang Yi sighed at Shao Fei's resilience. He loved him dearly, but-

"Shao Fei, I am not putting you into that kind of situation. I don't want you to see or hear the kind of lies that they come up with. I just want you to know the real me." Shao Fei was sort of buying it, but chasing down Tang Yi for four years has its' plus' as he knew that Tang Yi was hiding something with how he looked at him.

"Tell me the whole truth Tang Yi." Tang Yi looked up at Shao Fei and motioned for him to come closer. Shao Fei sat next to him on the bed with a look of determination.

"I did a lot before you came along. It could potentially put me in jail for twenty years."

"We will wait Tang Yi. I want make the same choices as Senior Li Chen. I want to keep the baby, yes, but I want you to be a part of their life. Which is why I have a little piece of information against Xin Tian Meng if you want to use it." Tang Yi took the files and looked through them with wary eyes.

"Where did you get this?"

"Jack. These are all of the things members have done behind your back in the name of Xin Tian Meng. They wanted it to be as a warning, but it didn't come through thanks to A'Zhi." Tang Yi sighed and held the file tightly. "I can also vouch for why you shot me."

"You know as well as I do that that won't work." Shao Fei wrapped his arms around Tang Yi's shoulder and his side and laid there.

"It was worth a shot."

"We will get through this Shao Fei. I will be here for this child." Tang Yi rubbed Shao Fei's belly. Shao Fei loved the heat radiating off of Tang Yi and unconsciously leaned into his touch. Tang Yi smiled loving moments like these. Tang Yi pulled them down to lay on the bed spooning. They stayed in that position the entire night until Jack had to pull them out of bed. It wasn't that bad considering Jack's driving skills could get him there in five minutes.

Shao Fei had gotten into the car much to the chagrin of Tang Yi to say goodbye. When they got there, Tang Yi said goodbye to Shao Fei, thanked Jack, and walked inside of the ominous building.

-End Flashback-

Tang Yi closed his eyes and breathed in deeply as the accuser called his first witness. It was worker after worker and fight after fight to tell the truth of their hidden motives. They mostly did this because they were losing money from the gang going drug free.

Then it was A'De. Oh dear god. This was one of the worst ones. Everything went against him, but he came out victorious using the tactic that Shao Fei brought to the table. He used the family parental feeling and the idea of how he only worked in defense of saving the mother of his child and his child from harm. That got the jury to okay that one.

The last one was A'Zhi's with Zhao Zi having to be there for everything. his kind of hearing was going to determine where Tang Yi stands. Will he go to jail or stay with Shao Fei?

"Tang Yi, please sit on the stand." The man said. Tang Yi sat down and looked at both sides of the court room. Everything felt slow. Tang Yi clutched his hands under the table