Author's Note/Foreword

Hello fellow DBH fans. This is just a long, rambling note before the story to explain a couple of things. It's not entirely necessary to understand the story, but it will give you some insight. I started this epic back in August of 2019, and I completed it in February of 2020.

While I was playing Detroit, I had the random idea that there would be no way that people wouldn't know about deviants instantly. Social media storm. I came up with the general idea of the story, I created the character of Taylor, and then she wouldn't shut up inside my head. I started writing and eventually realized the story was just really getting out of hand.

This story takes place during the events of the game and flows into the time following. I did alter the timeline of the game just slightly to fit my needs. It is a Connor x OC, and it will change point of views between Taylor and Connor. Connor is going to be out of character. Sorry about that.

I'm going to post chapters twice a week, depending how long a particular chapter is or depending on if anyone even cares. I'm mostly publishing this because I finished it and I figured someone else out there might enjoy it.

All of the chapter titles will be songs. They're just songs that inspired me while I was writing, or that I think fit the theme of the scene. You don't have to listen to them while you read or anything, it's just bonus insight into my crazy process.

The story will be a slow burn. There will be eventual smut, but it's like, way late in the story so I don't recommend sticking around just for that. THERE IS SO MUCH ANGST. If angst isn't your cup of tea, this story ain't for you. Dispersed throughout the angst is lots of fluff.

I do not own the art on the cover. I am bad at art. If you own the art or know who owns it so that I can credit them, please leave a comment.

And finally, my dear readers, trigger warnings: there is the usual graphic violence that comes along with the game, along with heavy discussion of sexual abuse, which is so ingrained in the narrative I can't really disclaim it before chapters. There is graphic depiction of suicide which I will warn you of. There is heavy depiction of anxiety and post-traumatic stress.

That's all I think I have to say. Carry on, I hope you enjoy. Please leave feedback if you have time, I live for your kind words.