Adoption?

I sit on my bed and wonder, who were my parents before they died? At least, I was told they were dead. I shrug off the thought, getting on my phone to watch The Game Theorists. I have a huge obsession with just learning everything about video games. I've even got a detective style string board thing on FNAF. The second I find something I want to tell Mat. I hear a knock on my door. "Come in!" I say politely. HeadMaster Addison came in. She was one of the few that were nice to me. "I got you a little something, Birthday Girl!" She said. "I had forgotten about my birthday if I'm being honest." I said. She gave me a small gift and I carefully unwrapped it. Inside was a Game Theory t-shirt in my size.

 Inside was a Game Theory t-shirt in my size

"Omigosh! Thank you Addi!" I said. I had loved this design from the moment I saw it. "I have another surprise for you later. I have a feeling that the couple coming in for Adoption Day today is really going to like you." Addi said. "Alright. I'll see you later Addi!" I said. Adoption Day is a bit different here. Everyone goes into their rooms to be interviewed by the couple wanting to adopt. One of the main reasons I haven't gotten adopt is I rarely made eye-contact with the couple. I was always looking at my phone or adding more things to my string board. I put on the shirt. It felt amazing to finally have the merch. I hear the front door open. Then I hear Addi over the intercom saying go to our rooms. I was always the last one. Another reason couples don't adopt me is that the other kids, who I try my best to avoid, spread lies and rumors about me. I focus my mind on my board. That string could also wrap around there... Oh! And there! I hear a knock on my door. "Come in!" I said. The couple walked in. "You can have a seat on my bed if you'd like. Sorry, I don't make eye-contact often." I said, looking at my board. "Whatcha got on that Theorist Board over there?" I hear a women's voice ask. "FNAF theories... I'm sorry but you sound so much like someone I watch on YouTube." I said. "Oh? And who would that be?" I hear a familiar voice ask. "M-matPat and Stephanie." I said. If the people I thought were here were here... I have to see. I spun around to see them. There they were. Mathew and Stephanie Patrick. I tried my hardest not to fangirl. "Are you guys really here or am I imaging things?" I asked. They chuckled. "We're here. Let's see what exactly the board of your has to offer. By the way, nice shirt." MatPat said.

-MatPat's POV-

I second I met this girl, I felt something. Something I didn't feel for a very long time. See, Steph gave birth to a 'healthy' baby girl. The doctor rushed her out of the room, coming back later to say she died. We asked how, and they said her lungs were deformed. We had come up with a name for her. We were going to call her Y/N. I must ask her her name. "Hey, what's your name?" I asked. Steph looked at me like 'what the heck? We didn't ask any other girls their name.' I looked at her and she instantly knew I was thinking of Y/N. "I was always told that my name was Y/N. My parents died giving birth to me." The girl told us. "Our baby girl,
Y/N, died when I gave birth." Steph said. I hugged Steph, then looked at
Y/N. She ran to the door and called for the HeadMaster. She ran up the stairs. "Yes Y/N? What is it?" She asked. "Addi, who brought me here?" Y/N asked. "A doctor. She had blue eyes and blond hair with blue tips." Addi said. My eyes widened. "That's the doctor who helped us birth our daughter." Steph said. "Her birthday would've been today." I continued. "Maybe your daughter didn't die. My name is Y/N. My birthday is today, and I'm twelve today." Y/N said. "Y/N... I've missed you everyday for the past twelve years." I said, hugging her. "We'd like to adopt her." Steph said. Addi gave her the papers. "See Y/N. I knew you'd be adopted. I didn't know they might be your biological parents but." Addi said.

-Y/N's POV-

I started packing what little I had. Mat and Steph left to fill out the papers, and Addi brought me plastic wrap for my board. "Usually I have the kids take it down, but you have so much work on it." She said. I walked out with my suitcase and my Theorist Board. "Ew! Why do they want to adopt a freak? They should adopt me, since I'm the most beautiful here." The head mean girl said. "I don't think they see you that way. In their way, I'm more beautiful because I have a better attitude." I said, walking off. I packed my stuff in their trunk and got in the car.