Nerdy Nummies

We got out of the car. After a lot, and I mean A LOT of convincing I went. I put on some headphones. They chatted and Mat tapped my headphones. I take them off and put them around my neck. "Watcha listening to that's so interesting?" Ro asks, laughing. I glance at my phone. "It's just some FNAF song. No biggie." I say. "Why are you so quiet? I know you aren't shy, you preformed in front of your whole school." Ro says, smiling. "Last time I spoke I got snappy and bumped off conditioning for a week. I gotta meet up with Coach after this." I say. "Oh. You don't seem like the one to be snappy." She comments. "I'm not." I mumble. "Alright, we should start baking. You can bake with us to Y/N." Ro says I turn off my music.

-Rosanna's POV-

"Hey guys, it's Ro! Welcome to another Nerdy Nummies. And today, I have MatPat and Y/N! You know MatPat, go show him since love! He and his daughter here do theories and fundraisers!" I say. Y/N's smiling. "So many theories... Oh! And don't forget to check out his part in The Bendy and the Ink Machine musical!" She says. Weird. She was so lifeless and barren. Is that an act or is this?! I quickly recover from my thoughts. "Today we will be making Nintendo Switch cookies..." I start.

-After the video-

Y/N goes into her reserved, quiet position again. I put the cookies on a plate and walk into the living room.
Y/N seemed to be thinking deeply. "Oh hey Y/N. They canceled the FNAF thing, so don't worry about doing that." Mat said. She nodded. I put the cookies on the plate. "Mat, stomp on my foot." Y/N said suddenly. "Wait, what?!" We ask in unison. "Stomp on my foot!" She says. Mat does it quickly, and she hisses in pain. "Mat!!!" I yell, concerned about Y/N. "Don't yell l-lass. Mat do it again!" She stutters. He does it again. "Sorry about that Ro. It... It comes out sometimes." She says. She grabs a cookie and nibbles at it. "Oh, I gotta go. I don't want to be out to late with Coach. Gotta bag?" She asks. I grabbed a Ziploc bag and she put her cookie and another one in it. "Mat why aren't you going?" I ask. "She wanted to walk there alone." He says. I just nod, thinking.

-Y/N's POV-

I get to the Kappukeki (Japanese for cupcake) Bakery. I see a worker at the desk. "Hello! What can I do you for?" She asked. "Is Shawntelle here? Shawntelle Page?" I ask. She steps into the back room and Coach came out. Hey, I want to talk to you. Go ahead and have a seat, I'll join you in a moment. Do you want anything?" She asks, taking off her apron. "No thanks. I just got done baking cookies with a friend." I said, puting my volleyball bag on the back of the chair, then sitting down. "Nice. Baking us so stress relieving." She says, coming from behind the counter and sits at the table. "I wanted to talk to you, mostly because you missed the week. But, also because of your... Eye. Your eye was green, only for a moment, but you were able to use it, weren't you?" She asks. I stiffen. "I use it to find weaknesses." I say simply. We got up and went behind the shop. "Here. I want you to try your hits. I'll set it up for you." She said, handing me the ball. I tossed it to her, and she set it as I approached. I jumped up and hit it downward. We kept doing it until she said stop. I always act like I'm not tired around her, but she knows. "I just made you do 20 rounds, take a breather." She said. (Okay, this actually happened. I was done with my water break earlier than everyone else, and she had me approach, then she threw the ball after a while. I may or may not have hit a girl in the stomach with one while doing it. What can I say? Everyone crowded on the other side of the net.) I breath in, and breath out. "I saw the musical. Must say, loved the way he did it, especially the Productivity line." She says. "Yeah, I came up with the way he said that line." I say. "Y/N? Why do you play volleyball?" Coach suddenly asked. "It's the one thing that's always been there. The one thing I was always able to come to after a hard day. I stopped playing after a shooting at one of my games, that killed my foster parents, but started back up two months later. It's the one thing that I was able to connect with. Even now I can't connect with my parents. To be honest I'd rather be at school then at home. In a short term, Volleyball is my safe place." I say. "You connect with it..." She mumbled. She then looked up. "I want you to be at one of my practices with my team. They'll help you out even more than I can. Think of it as even more make-up training." She said. "Alright." I say. "It's getting pretty late. You should go home." She said. I reached into my bag and pulled out the Ziploc bag. I took my cookie and then give it to her. "This is an apology for Monday, and a thanks for your troubles. See you later alligator." I say. "After a while crocodile." She responds as I glitch away.

-Coach's POV-

She glitches away and I sat on a box. "I really hope she comes to practice. I'll have to tell the team." I mumble, taking out my phone. I had a group chat with everyone on my team and my Coach. "Hey, can I bring a friend of mine? She's a promising played and needs to be challenged. I can only do but so much.' I text. Coach replied almost immediately. 'Sure thing Page. What's her name?' My heart pounded as I responded, 'Y/N. It's Y/N.' I text, then go to text Y/N. 'Its Coach. Practice is tomorrow at 10am until who knows when. I want you there. It's at (random volleyball facility).' I turn off my phone and start my drive home, eating the delicious cookie Y/N gave me.