At Fault

The game stopped. She had fallen on the floor, and way trying to use her wrists for support, but couldn't. I go to the other side of the court, and kneel down. "What hurts?" I ask. "My wrists." She says, holding back tears. I help her up gently. "Why are you helping me? We're on opposite sides of the game." She asks. "Because it's my fault your injured. What I did was uncalled for. I could have easily shifted my strength to one side, or got it over your fingers. But, instead, I forced down your wrists to win. I'm sorry." I say. "Well, it's the nature of the game." She says as she walks off with the medic.

-After the game-

I ran to the locker room and shoved on my hoodie. We won, but I felt so bad. One of the girls came up to me and rubbed my back. "It's not your fault. She was just too weak to handle the pressure." She says. I look up, and see Olivia, who was my secret sister person. "Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe I'm too strong? I take out the poles everyday with one hand. Has that thought ever crossed your mind?" I ask. "It... Hasn't actually." She mumbles. "Locker N has your gift for secret sister Liv. Go ahead and take it." I say, standing up. I grab my book bag and walk out. I see the girl whose wrists I hurt and walk over. "I'm so sorry. Are your wrists okay?" I ask. "They still hurt. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow." She says. "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" I ask. "I don't- Your a Game Theory fan?" She asks, noticing my hoodie. "Yeah. I have an idea. Close you eyes for a minute?" I ask. She covers her eyes, and I wave the group of YouTubers to me. "Open your eyes." I whisper. She does so and gasps. "Guys, pose for a picture. Listen I'm going to take a few pictures of you with them. That alright?" I ask. She opens up her phone, and I take pictures of them as a group, then her with Mom and Dad, Mark and Amy, Jack and Signe, and Nate, since he broke up with Cristina. I give her back her phone, after I punch my number in. She notices and her eyes widen. "I'm Y/N. Keep me updated?" I ask. "Of course. I'm Destiny." She says. She leaves with her parents, and Mark pulls me to the side. "What happened. It was him wasn't it?" He asked. He seemed... More serious, even for these situations. "Yes, it was. Listen, I need some time alone." I say, grabbing my bag and walking outside. I see the cool night air brush against my face. "Wear a mask to hide yourself..." I murmur. "When really it makes us the same." I hear a woman's voice finish. I turn around, teary eyes, and meet the eyes of Coach. "You did a good job out there." She says, trying to cheer me up. "Do you not understand? I may have just cost a girl her season. Is this what you want? A girl that injures players and threatens her teammates?!" I ask. "Listen, I understand-" She starts, but I cut her off. "No you don't Coach. I have monsters inside if me that would kill if it meant they'd get their way. I'm a monster. A human freak." I sob. I hear doors open and see my entire team. "How many of you heard that?" I ask nervously. "We all did. Why did you stay silent like this? We care, and we would of-" I cut Veronica off. "Shut it. I stayed silent because I deserve this pain. Of course, I was scared for everyone who found out, because I may be putting them in danger. Truth is, I stayed silent because I knew, I KNEW, that none of you would care. And before you start that theory about we care blah blah blah, here's something you should know. I know when there's fear. I know when your lying, and when Y/N said we would kill if it meant getting our way, she wasn't joking. Now get out of our site before I rip each of you apart." I hear myself snarl. I fight against it, and everyone refuses to leave. "Oh, you just don't know when to quit do you YN?! Be quiet Dark! You just threatened the people I care about most. Your not coming out as long as I'm in control!" I yell. I stand up, and smile weakly. "I'm good. Sorry I scared you guys. Seriously though, next time, run. You guys got lucky I had enough energy." I say. "Wait, that wasn't an act?" Olivia asks. "No. Coach has known about my 'disorder' for a while now. But, they did say some things that were true..." I sigh. "Which was?" Coach inquires. "I know when you lie. I know your fears, and weaknesses... And I don't know when the heck to quit." I say. I hold my head. "Mat! Dad! Remember when Nikita wore that collar?!" I yell. "Yeah, why do you- oh." He realizes. The YouTuber group rushes toward me as Coach hugs me from behind. After being unconscious for a moment, I look around. I scramble to look at my wrist, and see that the markings aren't there anymore. "Thank you guys. They're gone." I say. That experience, however, left me with still a few inhumane abilities. I was just as strong, I could still glitch, I had a high tolerance for high frequency sounds, and I got smarter. Dad hugged me, and told me that we had a YouTubers react to do this weekend. I smiled, and pulled off the sleeves. "My little theorist. Can't wait to see what adventures come." He says. "How much you guys willing to bet I can carry Mark?" I ask. "40 bucks!" Olivia yells, laughing. "Get on my back Mark." I say, kneeling down. He, reluctantly, gets on my back, and I stand, holding him easily. "You owe me forty Liv!" I say, putting him down. "Twice the speed, half the work, in a third of the time!' I sing, smiling.