Chapter 21

---Jack's point of view---

Everything was quiet.....even Anna! I was on a high alert, and if anything made a sound I stopped. I believe that my speed was driving Anna crazy. Suddenly there was growling. Wolves surrounded us. There was 10, maybe 15 of them staring us down with their teeth showing.

"Jack! What a horrid surprise." said Pitch coming out of the darkness.

"I thought I told you not to come where you aren't wanted."

"Oh! That was you? Whoops....I thought that was from my worst nightmare." Anna smiled at that comment.

"Now before you destroy my wonderful army, why are you here?" Pitch dared to ask me why I'm here. Anger built up inside of me.

"Why?! Because you took Elsa! That's why!" I shouted. Anna put her hand on my arm.

"She isn't here anymore Jack." Anna whispered.

"How do you know?" I whispered back. She shrugged and mouthed "I just know".

"She isn't wrong Jack." Pitch said.
"Now why would you attack me if Elsa isn't here?" More anger built up. His confidence angers me. I have to go....or else I'm going to explode with anger. I pushed past Pitch and ran out of the cave.

---Anna's point of view---

Jack ran out which left me with Pitch. Great....

"So Anna, you aren't dead. What a shocker!" Pitch said sarcastically. He's a sarcastic person.

"Nope, I'm still breathing." I try to be confident around bad guys, to try to give them a run for their money.

"That's a shame. I wonder what Elsa will think when she finds out." Pitch sent his wolf things away and started to pace.

"Why are you pacing Pitch? Worried about something?"

"I'm deciding if I should kill you or not." Pitch said that so bluntly that I started to worry. Does he have no censor? Can he care that little of a person's life? He then started laughing.

"You started to get nervous there didn't you? Hehe...don't worry, how can I kill an ally?"

"I am NOT your ally!" Talking to Pitch makes it extremely hard to not lose your cool. Pitch started smiling bigger when he saw my face turn red. It is what he wants. Usually after anger, comes despair, or fear.....so he is trying to encourage that process. I know he is.

I breathed in and then out. Trying to calm myself down isn't easy, but I need to. I smiled the friendliest smile I could muster and put my hands behind my back. Pitch's smile faded. yaaayyy! Not making him happy makes me happy.

"You know I'm glad that you are actually alive. It makes my plan easier."

"How is that?"

"It'll make Elsa turn to me when she finds out that you've been living all this time. She won't trust you, or Jack, anymore. And you know who she'll turn to. Me." Pitch disappeared in a gust of sand and I ran. I ran as fast as I could to the exit. I can't let this happen....no...... I can't show myself again. I can't let Elsa know.

I found Jack trying to beat up a rock....it wasn't working. I crossed my arms and stood beside the angry Jack.

"That really isn't going to help. You know that right?" I asked. He slowed up his beating to a stop and sat down. I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Where is she then? You know, since she isn't here."

"Don't worry she is safe. Pitch wouldn't hurt her. Shes too valuable to him." I stood up and held out my hand for him to take it. He did and stood up also.

"Well, goodbye Jack." I saluted and left.

"What do you mean? Aren't you going to help?" Jack yelled. He really is an emotional person.

"I can't let Elsa know that I'm alive. I have to protect her from that knowledge."

"So you are just going to leave?"

"Trust me, it is for the best." Tears welled up in my eyes as I continued to walk forward.

"I guess you really are sisters. Trying to protect one another from the truth." Was the last thing I heard from Jack. He is right. I just hope it works out this time.