Chapter 38

---Elsa's point of view---

I wonder where Jack is right now. The last time I remember seeing him was when I was having a nervous breakdown while flying, then we landed, then I just remember nothing but walking here.....Pitch's doing I'm sure.

I've learned to not underestimate him since he is very powerful, not just in his magic but also in his trickery. This leads me to think if he was being sincere when he asked me to stay here. Was he faking? Did he have an ulterior motive? I don't know if I have had so many questions run through my head than I have this week.

It has been boring here since I don't really want to leave 'my room'. Jack always had something up his sleeve. What would he do? Hmm.....oh! Ice painting.....drawing....whatever he calls it!

I went over to one of the walls of the room and placed my hand on it. Ice designs spiraled out from my hand and it was such a beautiful sight. My hand slowly drew away from the wall and I looked at my pointer finger. I then placed it on the basic ice design and it solidified even more with a certain shine added.

I smiled with inspiration and continued making art with my powers. Time passed and soon I filled up that entire wall. Stepping back and actually looking at the whole thing, it brought tears to my eyes. All I drew were pictures of Anna and I making memories.

Sounds of footsteps came to my ears, so I ran to 'my bed' and sat on it. Pitch walked carrying a tray of food. I felt like a child trying to hide something from an adult.

"I thought that you would like something to eat. It has been awhile..." said Pitch looking down. He gave the tray to me and looked at me. I saw fear in his eyes, which is very ironic because he actually causes others to fear.

"Thank you." I smiled, and so did he. The fearful look in his eyes decreased. What was he so afraid of? Me?

"What have you been up to anyway?" Asked Pitch.

"Um...nothing really." I laughed nervously which really confused Pitch. He raised his eyebrows and studied my face to try to figure out what I was hiding. I snuck a glance at the wall, then looked back at Pitch. He noticed and turned his head in the direction I was looking at.

He saw the wall and walked to it. I decided to get up and join him. Pitch brushed his fingers against the wall as black sand traveled through my art. It cracked the ice leaving it a disaster, only my faces and Anna's faces were intact. I didn't get mad though, there is a reason behind this and I just need to discover what that is. Pitch then punched the wall and black sand came out of the impact. He then sat down against the wall with his hands at his sides.....I sat next to him.

"I told you that I know how you feel...multiple times. Sometimes you don't want your powers but at the same time it is wonderful. Emotions building up causing your powers to go out of control. I understand these things because I'm going through them." Pitch said softly. He looked up at the ceiling and stared there for a while.

"How are you so confident then? So in control?" I asked.

"It's all a front I'm putting up. I have false confidence that sometimes even fools me. That is how I remain in control, I do what a villain does best. I lie, especially to myself." I reached over and took Pitch's hand. He flinched, but didn't do anything else. We sat there silently for a while, deep in thought.

"You are right...I did want to get rid of my powers multiple times...I just couldn't bring myself to do it when I had the chance." I said after a while.

"You do realize that that potion was a test right? I set it there just to see where you were at emotionally. If you still feared yourself, then you would have made a different decision than you did."