Nine

Since the police needed to investigate at Luke's house, he was forced to stay at his dad's for a while. Liz's flight was postponed.

This is a bad thing because his dad hasn't seen him in years.. Before he was openly gay. The sad thing is: he's homophobic.

Jack was supposed to already be there, but he was running late. Luke was extremely nervous as he knocked on the wooden door.

He had on a black leather jacket (Calum's) because he was too afraid to just show up in his regular clothing.

The face he hasn't seen in years opened the door and he smiled at his long-time-no-see son.

"Luke. Wow you're a handsome lad now.. So grown up. Come in!" He opened the door fully and Luke stepped inside. He immediately felt the horrid hot temperature inside and knew he would be sweating within minutes if he kept on the heavy jacket. He saw the reason why it was burning up in here. There was a fire going in the fire place.

This was such a big deal because he was wearing a pink knitted sweater underneath.

"One second son, I need to get something real fast then we can catch up." And he left.

Luke's heart was thumping hard in his chest as he decided to take off the jacket. He unzipped it slowly then completely took off the item. He heard his dad coming and literally he almost threw up.

Then that face reappeared with a gleeful smile that dropped as soon as he looked at Luke's choice of clothing.

"What are you wearing?" He asked in all seriousness.

"A s-sweater.."

"Its pink.."

"Yeah.. I-I like p-pink..." He was a stuttering mess and sweating now.

His dad only stared at him then slammed a giant photo album down, causing a loud sound that made Luke flinch majorly.

"So you're a fag?"

"That's o-offensive honestly.. But I-I am gay, d-dad."

His dad looked down at the photo album then at him again. Without looking, he had tossed the book into the fireplace.

Luke's baby blue eyes watered up immediately. He watched as all the baby pictures his dad had of him burn like he was nothing to him.

His father stepped up to him, looking him hard in the face. Hard into his eyes.

"You are not my son. You are a horrible excuse of a boy! You are not a girl! Only girls wear pink! You are ugly and you'll never be beautiful. YOU ARE NOT MY SON, FAGGOT!"

Thankfully, Jack arrived and felt the tension in the room as soon as he walked in.

"Did you know about this?!" Their father asked Jack loudly.

"About what?"

"This thing!" He harshly poked Luke who refused to show his face. Jack was taken back.

"Thing? Luke? Luke is not a thing. He's my brother and your son."

"To hell he's not! He is a disgusting horrible excuse of a boy. A fag!" Luke was hiccuping into his hands then slid down the wall.

"Dad, how could you say that?! Luke is who he wants to be. Fucking accept him for who he is! He's your son whether you like it or not! Yeah, his favorite color is pink and he enjoys wearing it. So what? He has a boyfriend whom our mother loves and I love like another brother. He's in love. With a boy. What's wrong with that? He's perfect the way he is."