Twenty Three

Luke was sitting alone at a lunch table, pushing around his food with the plastic fork in his hand. He deeply sighed while doing so. Biting his lip after also.

"Wow look at the fag sitting alone."  A voice said and he looked up from his tray, meeting eyes with this guy with a horrible glare on his face. His name is Dylan, everyone knows who he is. The jock.

"Sorry, didn't know I'd affect your life too. I don't even know you or anything about you."

Sure Luke knew of him, but he had no idea what kind of person he was or even what his last name was. He's starting to figure out him by first impression. A dick.

He scoffed dramatically then said," Ha! I'm Dylan O'Brien. Quarterback. Ring a bell? I'm sure you've drooled over me and maybe even wished some disgusting shit. Fag."

Luke was getting bothered by this now and hit his fists on the table. "Stop calling me that!" He stood up, facing Dylan.

"What are you going to do, faggot?" 

In all honesty, Luke had no idea what to do. He's never been in a fight. Calum always made sure he would never be in the position to. Now that Calum's not here, he has to fight his own battle but he doesn't even know how. He needs Calum.

"Hey, leave him the fuck alone." Ashton shoved into Dylan which was not smart at all. It just pissed him off. Also, it drew a crowd.

 Before Luke's brain processes it, Ashton and Dylan are now full on fighting.

They're pulled apart by the staff and Luke gasps at all the damage on both boys. Ashton was worse than Dylan though. He had a busted lip while a black eye was starting to form on the other boy.

"Luke Hemmings, report to the principals office immediately." The anouncement startled him. He left as quickly as he could, arriving in no time.

He joined the other two, sitting in the middle of them. He gulped as the principal began to speak.

"We caught the footage on camera. It seems you started this, Luke."

"Can you hear the audio?" Surely this was a misunderstanding if he couldn't hear the audio.

"Yes, very clearly actually. Watch." He pressed play on the vidoe and it started. Luke saw exactly what happened and nodded. This was not his fault. He did not start this. He was just sticking up for himself. "There. Your fault."

Luke has had enough. "Because everything is my fault, huh? I didn't know standing up for myself was a bad thing! Do you even understand how much shit I get on a daily basis? Do you get that all on camera? Everyday I'm called  "a whore, a slut, trash, a bitch, a hoe and a faggot." Yes I did made a mistake. They don't seem to realize how shitty I feel about this all. It's ruining me. It's gotten to the point in which I don't want to live anymore. Do you fucking understand me now? I'm not even me anymore!" 

He got up and left, leaving everyone in the room overwhelmingly shocked.

-

Calum was waiting for Michael to show up. He had texted Calum to meet him there. He watched the wall where he and Michael would always climb over to ditch school. As he waited, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. Just as he inhaled the smoke, a boy he hadn't seen in nearly more than a month, he used to see everyday, every minute appeared from the building beside him.

He choked on the smoke and coughed rather violently, causing Luke to see him.

Calum caught his breath but lost it again when seeing his love. Luke wasn't in pink,but he wasn't in all black either. Today he was dressed in a grey hoodie and blue jeans with white converse. Not one speck of pink on him. Except his cheeks.

Neither of them knew what to do. 

Luke justed waved and Calum waved back. Maybe that was their way of saying "I love you still."

Both boys felt it in their hearts. Then Calum looked away for a few seconds, thinking of what to do next. However, when he looked up, Luke was gone. He began to think it was all his imagination but it wasn't. He really just saw him.

Pale hands gripped the top of the wall and soon enough the freshly dyed red head of hair appeared. He swung over the wall and walked over to Calum who looked paler.

"Hey man. You okay?"

"I don't know."

Michael nodded, understanding. He grabbed his keys from his jeans pocket and pointed at his car and started to slowly walk toward it. Calum followed him.

They got inside and Calum looked around for the beautiful blonde who broke his heart. He didn't find him though.

Michael drove them to the nearby Starbucks. They were now sitting and silent as they drank their drinks. 

"Calum, I have to tell you something. Luke talked to me yesterday."

Calum's heart jumped at the sudden mention of his name. "What did he say?"

"He asked about you."

"What did you say?"

"I said the truth. And from the looks of it, well from what've seen, he's feeling pretty shitty about it. You can hear it in his voice. He's basically getting bullied by everyone... except Ashton. They seem to be getting along now. I saw them this morning together., but they always look so awkward. I don't even know.."

"So he's with Ashton?" And there goes the all too familiar pang in Calum's heart. "He's seriously doing this shit to me?"

"Actually no, I don't think they're dating. He'd probably get more shit thrown at him if he was. I don't think you understand how many people hate him, dude. It's kinda bad. I'm kinda feeling bad for him.."

Calum let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "How can somebody hate him? I don't even hate him. God, I love him so fucking much!"

"I know you do.. even if he doesn't deserve it-"

"He sure as hell does deserve my love. I don't ever regret loving him."

"Yeah, I know that. That's why you got a tattoo for him."

Calum nodded, touching it. "Even if I don't have him, I'll always have him with me. That's the way I see it."

Okay what are you thoughts on this chapter and is it confusing bc I have rewritten this FOUR times. It started out really confuisng so I tried my hardest to fix it. Did it work? Leave feedback/ questions so I know whether or not to edit this again. Thx lovely snugglebunny babes. x