Thirty

Luke woke up to shouting and loud noises. He groggily opened his eyes and saw it was 5:10 AM. Calum was making all the noise and he ran back and forth rapidly grabbing his stuff. He was rushing around and Luke yawned, sleepily.

"Babe, what are you doing?"

"I'M LATE!"

Luke was awake now. He had totally forgotten and felt guilty again. He has a bad habit of believing everything ever is his fault. He never says it though. Why should he?

"Oh crap!" Luke tugged on his ripped up blue jeans on the floor and jumped, pulling them up his hips and buttoning them quickly.

"You're wearing my favorite pair of jeans on you, babe. Your ass looks nice in those." Calum stood behind Luke who rolled his eyes, fixing his hair in the mirror. When he was just a little satisfied with his messy quiff do, he threw on his pink zip up hoodie, keeping Calums shirt on, on purpose. He didn't say anything though he did notice.

Luke tried to carry one of Calums bags but it was too heavy and he chuckled at him.

"You're such a cutie, aw. Its okay, I got it. But we've got to hurry my flights at seven and it takes an hour or so to get to the airport, babe."

-

They were in Luke's car now, there's no way they'd dive to the airport on Calum's motorcycle. Luke was getting overly emotional and he can't believe this is really happening. He's trying to be strong for him though.

All that failed when Calum sang along to a static song on the radio. Luke loved it.

"So honey now. Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your head on my beating heart. I'm thinking out loud. That maybe we found love right where we are."

He bursted out in tears and Calum had to pull over to comfort him. He pulled the blonde over to him and rested his head on top of his. Luke's arms went around him.

"Its okay.. See? You're taking me into your loving arms and placing your head on my beating heart." 

Luke sniffled and said "But I can't kiss you under the light of a thousand stars. You'll be gone before the stars even show."

So Calum frowned and kissed his forehead. Then an idea hit him and he smiled brightly "Love, yes you can."

Luke was confused when he put him back in his seat and made a u turn.

"What are you doing? The air ports that way-"

"I'm giving you everything I can before I go." He squeezed his hand.

He told Luke to wait inside the car, and he ran inside the arts and crafts store. Luke was so confused when he came back with a bag of something. He was grinning super stupidly.

He pulled out a starry flashlight. Luke giggled.

"That's so cute of you, oh my god."

The stars weren't showing though because it was daylight, early in the morning outside. Calum sighed and tried to think of something else.

Then he shrugged off his jacket and placed it on top of Luke's head, startling him.

"Calum what-

"How is it?"

"Calum why did you just put your jacket on my head-"

"Is it dark?"

"Yes?"

"Perfect."

He leaned in under the jacket putting the starry light under it too. The dark area was now lit up with thousands of tiny stars and Luke laughed, he was so in love with this fool.

"Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars." Calum sang with a teethy smile and Luke brought their lips together, smiling too.

And they were kissing under the stars. It just happened to be under a jacket and with a flashlight of stars. Maybe it was way better than the real thing and it fit their relationship perfectly because they're sappy and that's okay.

Luke was seriously going to miss him. He does everything he can for him.

Then they were running at least 20 minutes late now. Calum might've or might've not been driving over the speed limit.

But they arrived, Joy and Mali were waiting. And now Luke had to say goodbye.
He was a sobbing mess and so was Calum. Luke was worse though, of course. Their arms wrapped tightly and firmly around each other, shaking slightly every few seconds.

"D-don't forget m-me." Luke stuttered into his neck.

"I won't. I never would."

"I'm going to miss you, I swear I'll never stop thinking of you."

"I won't stop either. After all, I've got you tattooed on me. I never would."

Luke couldn't reply through his thick tears, blurring his vision. He didn't want it to be that way because he didn't want his last memory of him to be blurry.

One minute left until his flight leaves.

"I love you, my punk Calbear. Be safe, okay? I'll see you in two years.."

"I love you, my honeypie Lukey. I promise I'll be okay."

Joy could help but let out an "Aw..." Because this was breaking her heart. Even Mali felt bad.

Yes they were adorably gross but thats the kind of couple they are. The kind of couple you want to throw a chair at or throw soft plush hearts at. And they love it. And they always will.

"Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen. And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory.."

Thirty seconds left.

He kissed Luke as much as he could then hugged his mother and sister in that short time. With just five seconds left, he kissed Luke again and ran off, boarding the plane.

And Luke watched him go, turn around quickly blowing a kiss at him and he caught it and put it to his heart. Then he was out of sight.

And now he won't see that face he woke up to nearly every day for two years..

Then he saw Evan, he was yelling "WAIT! I'M HERE!" Running as fast as he could into the plane as well. He didn't have his shoes on.

"I'm sorry about how I was toward you, Luke. I can see you love my brother very much and he loves you too. You're everyone's relationship goals, honestly. I can't wait to see you guys reunite." She smiled genuinely and offered a hug to him.

He nodded and hugged her. "I forgive you. Don't regret it though, I did deserve it. But I love Calum, you're right. That's why I'll wait until we meet again."

Joy and Mali had taked to him for those few minutes, then they left. Luke was in his car, staring up at the sky that was cloudless today. It was a beautiful day today, he didn't like that he was crying on one of the most beautiful days he's ever seen. The sun was bright in the sky. The birds were chirping. 

He saw the plane and watched it until it was out of sight.

"I'll wait for you... Please be safe."

IMASOBBINGMESS
IMLITERALLY CRYING IWASCRYING THE ENTIRE TIME IW ROTE THIIS
HATE THIS CHAPTER BUT ALSO LOVE ITSO MUCH BC CALUMS SO FUCKING ADORABLE AND LUKES SO IN LOVE AND THEYRE SO IN LOVE AND FUCK BASH GUITAR ON MY HEAD  THX