Twenty

"I know that it's a little too late. This is everything I didn't say.."

Luke sang, writing it down on the paper of his music journal.

"Luke? Its Christmas? Why are you not dressed?" Liz questioned seeing her son in grey sweatpants and black pullover hoodie.

"I don't want to celebrate, mom.. It won't be the same without.."

"Look Lukey, " Liz sat beside him. "I know this sucks. A lot. But, you'll get through it. You're seventeen. I know you truly loved him, there's no doubt about that. He was your first love but that doesn't mean you can't have another in the future. You'll always have a part of him with you, and he'll always have a part of you with him. Okay, sweetie?"

Luke nodded. He didn't want to cry again so he decided words wouldn't be the best option right now. Liz kissed his forehead covered with his flat hair and left him alone.

He sat there, rereading the lyrics he had written so far.

"I hope you know
For you, I'd sacrifice
To make this right"

He sighed and closed his journal.

Today will be different. Today he's not going to be himself. No, he's going to dress like a regular teenage boy, he's not good enough to wear pink anymore.

Its a beautiful color and only beautiful girls wear it... I'm not either one.. Beautiful or a girl.

He went into Jack's room hoping he wasn't there. He got lucky for once and pulled out a black button up with a jacket and black skinny jeans. He even borrowed his black vans.

"You could at least ask me before you wear my shit." Jack suddenly said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What are you doing, Luke?"

"Can I wear this?"

"Yeah, sure? But-"

"Thanks Jack." Luke said walking out and back into his pink room.

He had put the all black outfit on. He went over to his full body mirror and looked at himself. His hair was still flat on his head. He went over to his vanity and fixed it into his regular quiff.

He looked around the room and his eyes landed on his flower crowns. He had no idea what he was doing, as they all ended up in the trash.

He looked at himself again and didn't know who his reflection was anymore. He didn't recognize himself and he didn't know whether or not that was good or bad.

His mom called him down as his relatives arrived. They all went silent as they saw him, especially Liz.

"Luke, you look different?" His aunt said, shocked.

His family, a part from his father, accepted him the way he is. They all loved him and thought he was adorable. A lot misunderstand him though, they think he's a transgender when no he wants to stay a boy.

It was really awkward and uncomfortable for Luke when everyone kept staring at him.

"Yeah.. Trying something new..." He simply replied back.

-

"Calum, are you sure you're not coming to Christmas dinner with us?"

"Yes, go ahead. I'll be here."

Calum didn't want to celebrate Christmas. This was Luke's favorite holiday and it just made him feel so sick. It was a painful aching in his chest when he thought about the boy, and it terrified him.

He used to smile uncontrollably and blush. Now its just an ache within his heart.

He knows he shouldn't be thinking about him, but he can't help it. He feels so empty.

Usually at this time of night on this holiday, Luke would of been squealing as Calum tickled him, kissing his neck. They would be drinking hot chocolate and cuddling with ten blankets. He would mess with his hair, pushing it into his face just to piss him off. He'd apologize by hugging his waist and spooning him. Luke being the little spoon.

Calum swallowed a lump in his throat and fell back onto his bed.

He thought about how he wouldn't be Luke's new years kiss. How Luke wouldn't tell him happy birthday in January. Luke wouldn't be his Valentine..

He's just so heartbroken.

He sat against his window peering at all the stars in the sky tonight.

Little did he know that Luke was staring at them too.

Some people are meant to be for each other, but life always has to throw in conflicts so you can see that.

Hey guys!! Christmas is in 2 days! :D I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting a new laptop oh yes. (I've been writing this entire story on my phone, it sucks let me tell you) what are you excited for most on Christmas?? xx

So Luke had a change in this chapter , how do you think Calum would react if he saw him that way? Would he be even more attracted or not at all, he loves girly Luke? (You'll find out the answer hint hinT!!)

BTW IF YOU DONT FOLLOW MY IG @ LIPBITELUKE YOU SHOULD GO DO THAT BC I'LL FOLLOW YOU BACK okay that is all folks, talk to y'all in the next chapter! Ilysfm.