Thirty Four

PAUSE!!! 

Go follow my twitter @/BRIGHTBOYLUKE and comment when done x

okay bye see you at the end of the chapter *smiles innocently*

"I'm sorry. I overreacted. I was just hurt, but now I'm okay and I forgive you."

"I forgive you, Calum, please answer."

"I can't live without you."

"Please answer, Calum. I'm worried now."

Once again, Luke was dialing Calum's number. To say he felt bad was an understatement. He felt like hell, his insides were burning even more each time it would go to voice mail. He left a few here and there but nothing compared to the really long one he left that one time.

"Call as soon as you hear these messages, baby. I miss you dearly.. I'm sorry." He ended the call. Calum hasn't called him back at all. He doesn't even know Luke has forgiven him.. He hasn't been able to.

He has been shot. He is lying there, clutching his chest. Blood was pouring out and he was struggling to keep his breathing going. Suddenly, he was dragged back and put on a stretcher. The combat medics had thankfully found him. 

"Evan, can you hear me? Squeeze my left hand if you understand me."

Calum weakly squeezed the nurses hand, not hearing her correctly. He was in bad shape. He was carried back to the medical room and placed on a real bed. His eyes were slowly shutting as he groaned with pain.

"No, keep you eyes open for me." 

Shaky breaths left his lips and he nodded, keeping his eyes open like the troop good trooper he is.

Then he held on for long enough so that doctor's were confident now. He need to be injected with a shot to make him unconscious for his surgery. But things took a turn as his eyes began to roll back, so they had no choice but to perform the surgery then and there. He was still conscious. The bullet was still in him, it hadn't gone all the way through. The extreme pain shoot through his body as they tried getting the bullet out. He was weakly screaming. It was horrible pain, almost as his heartbreak was, but not as painful. Nothing in the word could top that, he thought. He was convinced he would get through this.

His vision went black however. The doctors thought he was dead, although he wasn't. But they scheduled to call everyone from his list of numbers he left on his paperwork tomorrow. 

"Calum Thomas Hood. Age eighteen. Time of death: 6:35 P.M."

-

"Callie? Where are you? C'mon, we're gonna late for your grooming appointment if you don't show yourself!" Luke yelled throughout the apartment, searching around for her. He searched under the couch blankets, knowing she hides under there sometimes, but he had no luck.

He looked all over the place, he just couldn't find her. He didn't know what to do. 

Then he heard a soft, tiny meow from their bed and saw her lying there on Calum's side. He walked over to her. "There you are. I was looking everywhere for you." He tried to pick her up but she refused and jumped out of his hands each time, going to lay back down on Calum's side of the bed.

"What's gotten into you? Why do you seem sad?" He stroked her fur. She did not meow in response. She just laid there, not doing anything.

"Okay, I guess we won't go today. Feel better." He had no idea that Callie had felt that Calum was injured. She had the instinct to mourn. Luke was clueless and he just went to clean up the apartment for when Ashton comes over today.

The two have been spending all their break together, it was no surprise. They were back to normal witht their friendship, no more awkward moment. Ashton never told Luke he loved him again. Although, he still did.

He was with Michael now, they were official. Here's how it happened:

Michael had everything set up. He was actually trying to be romantic.  He had candles lit and a small picnic area all ready to go. However, in his excitement he didn't realize he had knocked over a candle while running to go get Ashton. 

"Ash, you can come outside now." He smiled like a fool at the wavy haired boy reading peacefully on his bed. 

"MICHAEL WHY IS THERE A FIRE IN THE BACKYARD!" MIchael's mother suddenly screamed from downstairs. Ashton looked at him strange as his smiled dropped and he face palmed himself. They ran out of the room.

Michael quickly grabbed the hose and put out the small fire then sighed, so embarrassed. Ashton couldn't hold in his laughter, immediately exploding. But he ran over to Michael upon seeing him let down and kissed him. "What were you doing?"

"I was trying to officially ask you out as my boyfriend.. but I'm really not used to being romantic and I caught our picnic on fire instead."

"Aw Mikey." Ashton ruffled his hair and laughed. "Well you can still ask me." He smirked at him causing Michael to smile again and he took his hand in his.

"Well then will you be my boyfriend?"

"Nah." 

"Fuck you."

Ashton snorted then slammed their lips together. He slipped his tongue in his mouth right after and clutched his hand tighter. He pulled away leaving him breathless.

"Okay, hell yeah I will."

And Ashton has been pushing himself to get over Luke, being with Michael has repaired the damage Luke caused his heart. He surely doesn't want Michael to fall in love with him while he's still in love with Luke, then that'd make him the biggest hypocrite to ever live.

So that's why Ashton is sitting on Michael's lap, making out with him. Because of that blonde with the piercing blue eyes and loves pink that cause's problems left and right, without thinking about the damage afterwards.

Luke had no idea about what karma had in store for him.

Yep k I'm gonna go take a nap now bye.